September Favourites

colab luxe shine hair spray

Yesterday I brought you “September Empties”: today, September Favourites. Never say that I lack imagination. Tomorrow is October (I think?) so maybe there’ll be a change of theme. Ha!

Some corkers in this video, though, including the brilliant new mascara discovery from Diego Della Palma. It’s honestly one of the best mascaras I’ve used in ages – and it’s not bank-breakingly expensive, either. Very refreshing. There’s also a little preview demo of my new Luxe Shine hair fragrance spray from Colab. As always, products and links are below the video – you know the drill. Grab a cup of tea, etc etc…

Marc Jacobs Decadence: http://www.amodelrecommends.com/2015/…

Colab Luxe Shine Hair Fragrance Spray – coming this week to Superdrug and FeelUnique

Diego Della Palma Mascara: http://tidd.ly/fa4d3f35

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet: http://tidd.ly/676cab59

Deborah Lippmann Shifting Sands nail polish: http://tidd.ly/7c4d78e
Nail post: http://www.amodelrecommends.com/2015/…

Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo and Conditioner: http://tidd.ly/34f1bb6a

Adidas Chiffon Tracksuit Bottoms: http://tidd.ly/1701e5cd

© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Anita
    September 30, 2015 / 10:03 am

Long videos from you and Mrs. Hirons because that gives me time to enjoy them with a cuppa and a biscuit. and no background music please.

2. Mary
    September 30, 2015 / 2:04 pm

I prefer longer videos but no music in the background.

3. Rainu
    September 30, 2015 / 3:53 pm

I don’t mind how short or long the videos are, but definitely NO music. Could we have more of Mr Bear please.

4. September 30, 2015 / 7:09 pm

If I got those track pants and had the body for them, I’d pair them with a tux jacket, heels, and a crop top with a topknot, winged liner, and a bright lip!

• September 30, 2015 / 7:10 pm

Oh, I forgot to add that I find music in makeup videos annoying.

5. Karen
    September 30, 2015 / 7:32 pm

Hello! Any chance of Colab launching in the states? I would love to try it and smell all the delicious sounding varieties.

6. Lindsey
    September 30, 2015 / 8:11 pm

I like a mix of short and long videos, so please continue to do both. Definitely NO MUSIC please. I like short ones for when I don’t have much time but longer ones when I have a glass of wine after the family is in bed. :) I especially like the videos with Caroline H. and would love to see more with Mr Bear. I am glad it’s not just me who is a complete nut about my cats. Look at the background of this video: there is a wonderful shadow of Baby AMR grabbing her toes!

7. September 30, 2015 / 8:35 pm

I prefer no music personally!

Lauren x

8. Christel
    September 30, 2015 / 8:50 pm

Your videos can be as long as you wish, in fact, the longer the better! Don’t bother with editing, part of the fun is to hear you digress! Please avoid the music, it can be annoying. Your videos and your blog are so relaxing at the end of a long day, thank you Ruth!

9. annie z
    September 30, 2015 / 9:26 pm

Shorter videos please! As much as I love you I just don’t have time to set aside for longer videos so then I just don’t watch them. I’m normally trying to squeeze it in here or there so 5ish mins is good, 10 max. X

10. Corinne
    September 30, 2015 / 10:09 pm

I like your longer videos and prefer no music. Thanks for all the great videos and blogs

11. October 1, 2015 / 12:08 am

Maybe this is a cop-out answer, but I like a good mid-length video, 10 minutes or so :) I’m super excited to try your new shine spray (looks lovely!) and it was great to see a cameo from your daughter. She’s precious :)

12. Lindsey
    October 1, 2015 / 12:08 am

No music please!

I think I spent more time watching the shadow of Baby AMR kicking around in the background than I did actually watching you! Adorable.

13. ams
    October 1, 2015 / 5:00 am

Agree with all the above, no music in videos please. It screams TV commercial. Also, longer videos are much more fun to relax to- no point grabbing a cuppa for a three minute video! A perfume review is a good one for a three minute video. Don’t think I’d want to hear someone go on about a ‘smell’ for longer than that. However, favourites or empties, things that take explanations are beautiful when done in a long version, particularly if it’s done by an individual, or ‘makeup guru’ that you’re spending time with. Brands (Eg. Dior , Chanel channel) can get away with shorter tutorials because you’re observing a product in action and don’t really care about spending any more time than necessary with the person demonstrating it (although Dior has a beautiful make up lesson in Spanish with the smokey eye quince that is so captivating to watch for the full seven-eight minutes.)

14. Ilse
    October 1, 2015 / 5:49 am

Hello! Really want to check out the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet as I am currently running out of my Clarins Evermatte. I was wondering if you’ve ever tried the Evermatte, and if so how does it compare? Nnot a lot of people use it, I think. I really love the finish: matte but luminous and has a nice blurring effect. It also smells like cucumbers.
    I’d love to hear your thoughts. x

15. Liv
    October 1, 2015 / 7:42 am

I’d say 10-15min videos, no music! Honestly love all the silly chat/waffling, that’s your inner beauty shinning though too.

16. Erna
    October 1, 2015 / 8:52 am

Another lovely post Ruth! I enjoyed it with my morning cup op tea :). Video’s as long as possible (maybe a movie someday?) and please no music. Baby A is soooo adorable!!! Have a lovely day XX

17. Onya1213
    October 3, 2015 / 6:13 am

Long and meandering, every time. Re: Music? Not always, and never booming or aggressive. Actually, I wouldn’t mind a track of Little A’s vocalizations. I kind of got lost in this video watching her feet appear here and there as she perfected her kick-line moves, and listening to her color commentary.

18. Grace
    October 10, 2015 / 1:47 pm

Hey its been 10 days and I still can’t find your colab conditioner on feeluninique. When will it be released?

• October 10, 2015 / 2:14 pm

It has been delayed! But it’s not a conditioner, it’s a fragrance spray with light shine! xx

19. Manon
    October 16, 2015 / 10:16 pm

Uh the Luxe shine is finally on Feel Unique! :-) I have fine, really straight hair. Will the Luxe shine weight it down or should I just go for it? :-)