Fleur de Figuier and the Suitcase Surprise…

Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier Soap

I found a suitcase filled with pants and socks! As you do. There seems to be a neverending conveyor belt of boxes and cases that were stowed away in the storage container when we were having the house rebuilt; I thought I’d unpacked them all, but obviously not. Anyway, most of the socks and pants looked  old and bobbly (loads had holes chewed in them, thanks to Dexter the Dog’s penchant for knicker-stealing) and went straight into the fabric recycling bag, but that’s not what struck me as I unzipped the suitcase.

No, what struck me was the most amazing smell. A smell I recognised but couldn’t quite put my finger on. And when I say “smell”, I mean the entire contents of the case were scented with this gorgeous fragrance. It was like taking the lid off the world’s biggest reed diffuser! A quick shuffle through the knickers and out I came with the culprit: a prettily wrapped Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier soap. How can one little (actually quite big-ish) soap cause such a beautiful stink? I’ve reviewed Fleur de Figuier before – it was created by perfume supremo Francis Kurkdjian (the man behind many of your best-loved scents) – but I don’t really use soap, so must have randomly shoved this into the suitcase.

Some other deliciously figgy scents…

And – oh – how glad I am that I did. The silk-paper-wrapped soap is now housed in my lingerie drawer  and a year in storage has not even remotely dulled its scent. It is warm and seductive, figgy and fruity and it’s colourful and heady and absolutely uplifting. You can find the individually wrapped travel soaps on Escentual.com here – £5.50.

© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. March 25, 2016 / 9:22 am

I’ll definitely need to pick the up the next time I’m in Paris! What a great idea to place on in the closet and drawers.
    xoxo
    Serein

2. March 25, 2016 / 9:37 am

This scent is just the best – I’m a little obsessed with the hand cream…

3. March 25, 2016 / 11:50 am

I put wrapped soaps in my drawers as well, as I have no other use for them but seem to get them as a gift quite frequently. The smell is delicious!

4. March 25, 2016 / 1:43 pm

I need to try this!!!!

5. Jennie
    March 25, 2016 / 4:28 pm

I thought my dog was the only creepy little knicker stealer out there…I can not tell you how many times I’ve pulled a pair of pants out of my drawer, only to realise they’re sans croach and not in a kinky way!

6. March 25, 2016 / 10:49 pm

What a great time, I am going to try this myself. I would never have thought this would work before

Lauren x

7. March 29, 2016 / 4:14 am

I love love this soap! The cleanest smell.

8. March 30, 2016 / 3:07 am

Will have to get my hands on this one!

9. Liz
    March 30, 2016 / 5:25 am

I wish Roger and Gallet got more air time – very underrated line that has quite a few lovely scents. I adore their Bouquet Imperiale and their Linden Blossom line.

10. JudyB
    April 19, 2016 / 8:33 am

I LOVE really good soap as the scent stays on the skin much better than body wash owing to the fat content. Few body washes do anything except scent the bathroom in my experience I always say that a good piece of scented soap is a welcome present. I then also keep them in my underwear drawer to scent it, and also to harden up with age, as this makes the soap last longer when you finally use it in the bath or shower.

11. Jane
    December 26, 2016 / 10:54 pm

Just ordered a set of these soaps to scent my beloved heirloom dressing table drawers that have developed a sad musty odor. Very few buying options in the Colonies; thank goodness for that ubiquitous internet purveyor of all things, 24/7 in 48 hours. Some things shouldn’t wait!