Summer Sheen: Back On The Dry Oils

dry body oils

I’m back on the dry body oils for that sexy, summer sheen sans grease. When it’s hot and sticky, there’s nothing worse than being coated in a thick oil – it makes you feel like you’re basted and ready for the oven! An unctuous, nourishing body oil is great when the weather’s cooler – you really get a good massage going and it’s wonderful for giving your skin a silky feel – but on those balmy summer nights when you’re floating about in your kaftan (yes, I like to imagine that everyone lives in Ibiza and/or on the set of Absolutely Fabulous) a light spritz of something easily absorbed and beautifully fragrant is preferable.

I’ve been indulging in a bit of Bois d’Orange Huile Sublime, which has a sexy orange blossom scent and a nourishing feel. In fact I’ve photographed the wrong thing above, that’s Roger & Gallet’s water spray fragrance with added gold flecks, but equally lovely! The Huile Sublime is £21.65 here – smells and feels far more decadent than the price would have you believe.

I once described Aurelia’s Dry Body Oil as being “Best in Show” (read the full post here) and I still don’t think I’ve found another one that quite compares. It’s dry (hence the name) but feels as deep-down moisturising as a proper, massage-it-in-all-evening sort of oil. Really very, very hydrating and with the most beautiful neroli, rose and mandarin scent. A true treat. It’s £48 at Cult Beauty here.

L’Occitane’s Almond Supple Skin Oil became a favourite of mine post-pregnancy, though I still haven’t managed to write a proper post about it. I actually stole a whole bottle from my Mum’s bathroom when I lived with her for a month after the baby was born (our house was still being renovated – goodness, I do not miss those house-less days). I only intended to use it once and then sneak it back onto the shelf, but it turned out to be quite addictive, both scent-wise and in terms of what it did to my skin! “Supple” is about right – silky and smooth, too. You can find it here online – it’s £34.

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. July 26, 2016 / 10:23 pm

ADORE the L’Occitane Almond Oil as well – so fab!

Xo

2. July 26, 2016 / 10:34 pm

Bois d’Orange Huile Sublime smells like a bloody PARADISE.

3. July 26, 2016 / 10:52 pm

I adore dry oils, all of these sound amazing!

4. Nancy Carnell
    July 27, 2016 / 7:14 am

Ok- confession time. I’m (more than) slighty obsessed with anything Free With A Magazine. If I were a blogger the acronym, of course, would be FWAM. Ha! Anyway, sidetracked. This month there are some L’Occitane giveaways with one of the glossies (maybe In Style or similar) and I picked up the Almond Shower Oil. Amazing! I wouldn’t say you get that zingy, clean feeling as you would with a fresher gel, but I use it to finish off, top up moisture in the shower or, when very lazy, even shave legs! It was with an August edition but it may be still lying around on newsagent shelves if anyone wants it.

• Bex
      July 28, 2016 / 12:30 am

I think it’s free with Harper’s Bazarre – I got one with a mini bottle of Neroli & Orchid EDP. The magazine was rubbish but the cover price was well worth the ‘freebie’!

• Mezzogiorno
      June 25, 2017 / 1:38 am

Replying to this a whole year later, but I too am OBSSESSED with FWAM. Tragically we don’t have those in the States for some insane sad reason, but whenever I go to Europe I stock the hell up. I was lucky enough to go to England last summer and I got a lovely Benefit brow gel and a whole little set of Balance Me stuff. The face cleanser is glorious, I used it little by little and made the generous sample size last almost the whole year. It’ll be ages till I get back to Europe so I’ll have to live vicariously through all of you. Enjoy!

5. Angela
    July 27, 2016 / 8:52 am

I am personally obsessed with the Nuxe huile prodigieuse – it smells beautiful and the matching shower gel is wonderful

6. July 27, 2016 / 9:53 am

I’ve just got back into dry oils after my skin was lacking serious moisture!! The L’Occitane one I will have to try out! xx

7. Anna Wright
    July 27, 2016 / 12:51 pm

Roger&Gallet are 25% off at M&S at the moment X

8. Bex
    July 28, 2016 / 12:32 am

I love Bois d’Orange Huile Sublime. And I love that M&S stock it too. Summer in a bottle!

9. August 15, 2016 / 8:02 pm

I’ve been using coconut oil lately – its budget friendly and absorbs well without leaving a greasy residue behind. Just soft healthy-looking skin.