Chanel Le Rouge Collection No.1: On Video

chanel le rouge collection no.1 review

I told you this week would be rather heavy on the Chanel, but I couldn’t write about their amazing Nail Gloss without then going on to reveal the ins and outs of the new autumn launch, Le Rouge Collection No.1. (If you’re astute and read between the lines, here, you’ll realise that I spent all of my allotted work day clarting about with Chanel stuff and didn’t leave time for anything else. I have red Chanel things coming out of my ears.)

But what a gorgeous collection – the first from their global creative makeup director, Lucia Pica. Le Rouge is a beautiful collection of makeup for eyes, nails, cheeks and lips using the colour red as a sort of underlying theme. Sometimes its used boldly, in the bright cherry-red lipsticks, for example, but often its included in a more subtle or surprising way – when was the last time you saw a brick red eyeshadow, or red-tinged mascara?

ruth crilly beauty blogger

I’ve played about with my favourite items from the collection on video – it’s not a perfect, polished look, because I was quite literally just messing about with the camera rolling, but you get a good idea of how the products can be worn. I found it quite liberating splashing on red shadow and then a clashing red lip – it seemed to go against all of the makeup “rules”, but felt so good! The reddish shadow from the Candeur et Experience palette seemed to brighten my eyes instantly, and I’ll definitely be wearing this a lot going into the Autumn – I enjoyed wearing the red lipstick too, but I do find red lips a bit of a faff unless I’m going to something very dressy and need to make an effort…

chanel le rouge collection no.1 review

If you’re a true red lipstick fanatic then there’s plenty to keep you going in this collection. It would be weird for there not to be, I suppose, for what makeup item lends itself better to red than a lipstick? Above, from left to top right, there’s the deep and dangerous Rouge Audace, the bricky and chic Rouge Tentation, the bright and summery Rouge Feu and the shade I wear in the video and photo above, Rouge Charnel. In all honestly, Feu is my favourite, but I decided to go wild, push myself out of my comfort zone and choose a tone darker than usual.

What an absolute daredevil I am.

Products Used:

Laura Mercier Candleglow Foundation in Linen: http://bit.ly/2biTFuV
Bourjois Radiance Concealer: http://bit.ly/2b8jBx1
Bare Minerals Invisible Light Powder Duo: http://tidd.ly/f0bb0ffc

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Gloss in Rouge Radical: http://bit.ly/2b8gWDi

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lipsticks (I wear Rouge Charnel): http://bit.ly/2biQWBF

Bourjois Volume Reveal Mascara (with mirror on side): http://tidd.ly/b8b80370

Chanel Quad Candeur et Experience 264: http://bit.ly/2b8hHfH (the link here goes to a product with a different shade name but the same shades in the image! V confusing, I’ll try to check and update!)

Chanel Long-Lasting Eyeliner: http://bit.ly/2biTQpO

© 2016 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers will usually be affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer.  A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. August 15, 2016 / 11:43 am

I love the reddish eye look on you!! You pull it off so well! x

2. Stephanie
    August 15, 2016 / 11:52 am

Ruth, you just have the most beautiful, mesmerizing and sexiest eyes in the world. If Angelica has inherited those eyes from you (and I think she did), Mr. AMR has to build a tower and lock her up ;).
    It looks so perfect on you. The collection is so amazing (I usually am not a fan of the autumn collections) but this is just, so different. Unfortunately my account is not so different from all the time around. But one or two items will sneak into my collection. xx

• Stephanie
      August 15, 2016 / 11:56 am

I am sorry to ask, but I haven’t received any newsletter from you in the last couple of weeks. Should I sign up again, or are you on to it? (I think you once said you are on to it, is this still up-to-date?) x

3. Cassandra
    August 15, 2016 / 11:57 am

Thanks so much for this post. Never thought I would want “red” eyeshadow, but apparently I need it. Hope you are feeling better and completely get, that you want to be home with your family, I hate being away from my family and my little girl is 13.

4. August 15, 2016 / 1:03 pm

If only my “messing around with the camera rolling” looks would turn out half as nice as yours. You look stunning.

5. Virginia Villalobos
    August 15, 2016 / 1:15 pm

Interesting on you, but whenever I’ve tried red shadows on my very fair complexion I just end up looking “rabbity” somehow, as it emphasizes the pink around my eyes, so will give this one a pass.

6. Claire L
    August 15, 2016 / 3:22 pm

Really suits you, Ruth. I love the Chanel reds, I’ll have to get at least ONE lipstick from this collection. Unfortunately the eyeshadows aren’t for me, too much on the warm side and lots of red to boot, not ideal with fair skin and green eyes!

7. August 15, 2016 / 10:35 pm

I love the eye look!

8. August 15, 2016 / 10:37 pm

omg love love!! ive been looking for a reddish eyeshadow forever now!! :o
    the red lips and red eyes don’t clash at all! well done haha :)

dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

Xoxo Jessy

9. Deb
    August 17, 2016 / 3:09 am

Please what brand are your glasses, they are gorgeous. They look sooo good on you. Thank you

10. August 21, 2016 / 11:28 pm

I love the red shadow on you, it looks fab!

11. toto
    August 22, 2016 / 1:36 pm

Love your glasses! Where can I find one? Thanks

12. Rachel
    August 22, 2016 / 7:45 pm

I’m yet to be convinced about red eyeshadow but those lipsticks are gorgeous. I just had to buy Rouge Vie today cos a girl can never have too many red hippies

13. Nicola Wright
    August 23, 2016 / 8:33 am

Hi Ruth, I really love the glasses you are wearing at the beginning of the video. Please could you tell me where you got them?
    Thank you.