Sunday Tittle Tattle: The Beached Whale

mr bear british shorthair cat

If you’re reading this then it means that I’m lying somewhere (probably on the bed) in the manner of a beached whale and can’t be bothered to open my laptop to write a proper post. I’m most likely eating something non-nutritious and wearing my new red-checked nightshirt (molto sexy!) as my stomach is now too big to fit into any of my pyjama bottoms. So, sorry about that – third trimester pregnancy problems, etc! As a consolation prize, here are some pictures of the cat.

mr bear british shorthair cat

There’s also a video at 7.30pm tonight about my top winter makeup palettes – it’s sure to get you excited about glitzy Christmas things, so make sure you watch it.

If you can’t be bothered to look me up on Youtube (the link to my channel is here) then fear not, for the video will be embedded into tomorrow’s post, aptly named My Top Winter Makeup Palettes. I’m not slacking off completely, I’ll have you know!

PS: did you know that Mr Bear is now FIVE? Do you remember the first video he appeared in? Here’s a recap – prepare yourselves for all of the cute:

*Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer.

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers are affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Whippers.
    November 20, 2016 / 9:10 am

Aw, I just want to squash him to death (in the best possible way). He’s unbearably cute.

2. Emma
    November 20, 2016 / 9:44 am

I just loved the Mr Bear video really made my Sunday morning!

3. Cassandra
    November 20, 2016 / 10:08 am

Thank you for the gratuitous animal photos! Happy birthday Mr Bear

4. Jana Rtz
    November 20, 2016 / 10:14 am

Haha! I love your animal analogies – the silverback gorilla, the beached whale – looking forward to the next one :-D
    And I’m sure you’re just as gorgeous in all your third trimester glory as you have always been.

5. Hannah Chaney
    November 20, 2016 / 10:23 am

Ooooh he is just so cute!! Whenever I see Mr Bear I always want to rush out and find a cat to bring home but I have a beagle called George who is totally insane so not sure that’s the best idea ! Hahaha
    Hannah x

6. Lilah
    November 20, 2016 / 3:52 pm

Mr. Bear is the best.

7. Onya1213
    November 20, 2016 / 4:08 pm

Indeed, I remember Bear’s debut, and his famous “sleep comas”. And then, his monkey. The Stair Game. Mr. AMR tempting Bear with a remotely operated little truck. Bear’s first experience with snow. All sorts of watershed (and comedic) moments. I think, tho, my favorite Bear video is “The Attack of the Giant Cat,” (Sept. 9, 2013). You should link that here, Ruth, for all your post-2013 subscribers. I swear I’ve watched that thing at least 50 times, and it never fails to make me laugh. The best part is when Bear tries to get the little orange kitty. Art imitating life?? I’m glad you’re lounging. Do more of it. Relax that work ethic just a skosh. You’ve earned it.

• November 21, 2016 / 9:59 am

Hahaha!!!!! Yes that was an odd video, I do remember how much you liked it! : )

8. lisa cocchi
    November 20, 2016 / 6:01 pm

Love your posts, probably don’t leave enough replies to show gratitude. I hate typing
    Anyways just wanted to say thank you for your wonderfully written posts and sharing your life with us.

• November 21, 2016 / 9:58 am

Cheers Lisa, thanks for taking the time to say that! : )
      x

9. Gisela Spencer
    November 20, 2016 / 6:03 pm

Beached whale is good. Happy five Mr Bear. Old video is a treat!!!

10. Lindsey Amtmann
    November 20, 2016 / 7:52 pm

The cuteness!!!

11. Christine Doner
    November 20, 2016 / 9:51 pm

Love Mr Bear and your doggie. What would we do without makeup and our furry friends. My Lola and Jax (Beagles) watch your utube with me

Ha!

12. Anja
    November 20, 2016 / 10:23 pm

Awww he’s so adorable! My husband has been trying to convince me to have a cat since before I fell pregnant. We didn’t get one though since I was Toxoplasmosis negative and this year with the baby I didn’t want to have a cat to look after too. But seeing this… Awww I am getting soft!

13. Susan Moran
    November 21, 2016 / 1:31 am

Ruth, my dear you could not be farther from a beached whale. Feeling your discomfort through the Internet though, so hope you can find some relief with a mask or some rest. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

14. November 21, 2016 / 8:23 pm

I remember feeling that way through my late pregnancy. Feeling and looking.

15. Jenny
    November 22, 2016 / 9:21 pm

OH MY GOD HE WAS SO SMALL <3<3<3

16. denise Barnatt
    November 23, 2016 / 11:37 am

Mr Bear Kitten is GORGEOUS!!

17. Mansi
    April 14, 2017 / 3:04 pm

Mr. Bear looks like a mini tiger, a chubby squashed tiger! Love that fern wallpaper, I had totally forgotten them. x