Sunday Tittle Tattle: Best Beauty Buys

amazon luxury beauty box

Oh, we’re knee-deep in this whole headache-inducing Black Friday business, which seems to now start on a Wednesday and last until a Tuesday, but still manages to fill me with excitement because: DISCOUNTS. Discounts are basically my downfall – give me any kind of voucher code or “special VIP coupon” and I simply must use it, even if I don’t need anything. It’s an affliction. The only saving grace for me this year is that I look like a snake after it’s eaten a football and so I can’t shop for clothes. Baby clothes, different matter, but they tend to be cheaper… (Baby GAP have 40% off everything here. Thank me later.)

Anyway, I’ve done a round-up of the best beauty deals just in case you’d appreciate having them all in one place. If you’re after codes for the online beauty “supermarkets” then LookFantastic have one on their homepage (on Friday it was for 25% but it supposedly decreases over time) and FeelUnique have 15% off everything with the code MAKEITMAGIC.

amazon beauty box gwp

The following section contains a video with an advertorial for Amazon UK.

If it’s a great GWP you’re interested in then may I direct you to the video that I worked on with Amazon? (It contains an ad, just so you’re aware before you watch it!) The Luxury Beauty Box is free if you spend £50 or over on beauty products (ones sold and dispatched by Amazon) and has a value of over £100, including products from luxury and niche brands such as Rodial and Merumaya.  If you fancy a brilliant way to spend fifty quid on skincare then go for the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads (£22 here), L’Oreal’s skin-plumping Laser Renew Night Cream-Mask (£11.99 here) and Merumaya’s Melting Cleansing Balm (£16.50 here). You get a little tube of the cleansing balm in the Beauty Box, but – trust me – you’ll want a tube for home and one for travel! Here’s the video if you fancy seeing all of the contents – the beauty box is online here.

Next in the line-up of great beauty deals, a blanket 30% discount across all Omorovicza products.

omorovicza skincare black friday discount

If ever you were tempted by this brilliant luxury brand then now is the time – prices don’t really get any lower. The discount takes one of my favourite products ever, the Queen of Hungary Mist, down to £33.60 for the large bottle here and the amazing, lightweight hydrator Elemental Emulsion down to a slightly more affordable £63 here. (It should be £90.) You can browse the sumptuous things on Omorovica’s virtual shelves here.

pai skincare black friday discount

Pai also have a blanket discount, incredibly rare for them so a great time to stock up if you have a few favourites. They’re offering 25% off everything online here – the code is BLACKPAIDAY and will work until tomorrow night. If you’re unfamiliar with the brand and would like to read some reviews then all of my mentions and posts will come up if you click here.

darphin value set

Darphin’s Healthy Hydration set is rather a perk for Darphin lovers – with a value of £107, it contains the following luscious products:

–          Cleansing Foam Gel with Water Lily (125ml)

–          Hydrating Kiwi Mask (75ml)

–          Hydraskin Intensive Moisturising Serum (5ml)

–          Hydraskin Light Gel Cream (50ml)

–          Rose Aromatic Care (4ml)

All yours for a (much) reduced price of £45. You can find it, while stocks last, at Darphin online here. Though if it’s just the quenching Hydraskin Light Gel Cream moisturiser you’re after then Escentual have it for less than half price this weekend. It’s £17 down from £35 here and you get an extra 10% off if you use the code BLACK10.

laura gellar makeup set reduced price

There are some brilliant bargains at Escentual, actually – Vichy’s amazing Aqualia serum (great for powerful hydration pre-moisturiser) is £11.25 instead of £22.50 here with an extra 10% off if you use the code BLACK10. Same code can be applied to the Laura Geller Perfectly Pink collection, pictured above – it’s reduced, quite ridiculously, from £45 to £19.95 here.

laura geller baked foundation

I’m going to have a good play with these bits and pieces today – the foundation, which I thought was a bronzer, looks very interesting! This would make a wonderful makeup “starter” kit, if you were thinking along the lines of teen gifts.

Oh, OK, also – bargain klaxon! – I’ve just found La Roche-Posay’s Effaclar Duo (read my rave reviews and mentions here, if you have spot-prone skin) and it’s £7.75! Take a look here – use that code to get the extra off. Every little helps…

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Joanne
    November 27, 2016 / 9:36 am

Thanks for the heads up on the Effaclar Duo! That was a bargain not to be missed and I’ve stocked up for my 18 y/o daughter.

2. Wei
    November 27, 2016 / 10:20 am

These discounts are killing my purse!

3. November 27, 2016 / 10:23 am

Oh wow these discounts are amazing! Wish I hadn’t already spent my black friday budget now!!

Cia

4. November 27, 2016 / 10:33 am

All these sets look great! Make a wonderful Christmas present! x

5. November 27, 2016 / 10:48 am

Hi Ruth,
    Very helpful post :) I too am a sucker for any kind of sale, but thankfully, this year I planned ahead and managed to pick up only what was on my list (apart from that True Grace diffuser in Portobello Oud…oops). I noticed that FeelUnique are giving a 33% discount off Antipodes, so time for me to stock up as their Juliet cleanser is shamazing.

Mariam

6. denise Barnatt
    November 27, 2016 / 11:03 am

Check out allbeauty as well – they have some fantastic discounts on some products like elemis, vichy, la roche posay etc etc

7. Melissa Gardarsdottir
    November 27, 2016 / 12:43 pm

Hello Ruth!
    I live in Sweden but have a UK Amazon account. I had my £50 shopping basket of approved things all ready to go, checked that they could be shipped to me here, added the gift box, and was then told it could not be shipped because it contained nail varnish??

8. Virginia Villalobos
    November 27, 2016 / 1:39 pm

Ruth, thank you so much for keeping your readers in the loop whenever there are special discounts or sales, and especially for the discounts you get exclusively for your readers. Very sweet of you. I find skincare and makeup to be a substantial investment these days, so always try to stock up (sometimes for the whole year) during these sales, so your efforts are much appreciated.

9. November 27, 2016 / 1:49 pm

There were some great beauty discounts for Black Friday! I bought myself a beauty advent calendar using the FeelUnique discount x

10. November 27, 2016 / 5:03 pm

Thank you – this is amazing! I’m really enjoying Black Friday beauty discounts this year – all very exciting! :)

11. Sandra
    November 27, 2016 / 7:39 pm

I got very enthousiastic to try the PAI code but it doesn’t apply to everything at all :(

12. Lina
    November 28, 2016 / 12:50 am

Thanks so much Ruth, i ended up getting some stuff from your list above at a bargain xx

13. November 28, 2016 / 2:26 am

You always have such great suggestions and thorough reviews! And wow, some great sales here – it’s the most wonderful time of the year :-)

14. November 28, 2016 / 5:12 am

Woah..I would have thought it’s a bronzer too! I’m interested to see how it swatches on the skin! x Love the blush too.

15. Bagmad
    November 28, 2016 / 1:04 pm

Happy blessed birthday dear Ruth with many, many well deserved returns of the day! Stay beautiful, stay funny and stay true to yourself. Sending lots of love from sunny Singapore.

16. Margarita
    November 28, 2016 / 1:47 pm

Happy Birthday Ruth! Thank you for all the work you do for your readers, you mean more to us than you know! Have an amazing day❤️

17. November 28, 2016 / 1:55 pm

I have managed to resist this year, despite all the vouchers and discounts basically thrown at you. Now I am trying to not to reward myself with some shopping for it, because that would be quite pointless, don’t you think?

18. December 1, 2016 / 7:39 am

Hi Ruth,

Hope you are doing well. First of all I would like to thank you for these amazing reviews and discount offers. May I get your attention about Myreen Young’s discount offers? currently we are providing 35% discount on all products. Hope this information will be helpful for your readers. Again appreciate your hard work on this blog.

Thanks