A Day In My Life: Toddler + Heavily Pregnant

a day in my life toddler pregnant

I really enjoy making the Day In My Life videos (so far I’ve done an “at home with baby” one and a “work day” one) and so when I knew I’d be at the Colab studio shoot last week I thought that it would be a perfect opportunity to film another. It was quite likely that the shoot would be my last proper work day away from home (I’m 37.5 weeks pregnant now, so booking anything else in is a bit too risky!) and I also wanted to record some of my feelings about what it’s like to be pregnant and have an energetic toddler to run around after.

I hope that you enjoy it – if you’re at all interested in my “behind the scenes” life and wish to have a nose then this one is most definitely for you! Equally, if you fancy reading about my pregnancy, Angelica’s little development updates or general posts about Mum and baby stuff then take a look at my other website, The Uphill.

Right: cup of tea and biscuit at the ready? Settle back, click play, try not to let the music lull you to sleep…

COLAB PARADISE DRY SHAMPOO* £1.73: http://tidd.ly/ae1bec76

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers are affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. January 19, 2017 / 10:58 am

I do enjoy them a lot. Being nosey, getting to know the Behind the scenes You? Really appreciated. I tried doing them for my channel as well, but we decided not to have the kids on camera, so I have to cut out quite a lot of my time, leaving it pointless.

2. Evelyn
    January 19, 2017 / 1:05 pm

These are quite possibly my favourite type of videos. I don’t know why but I find them very relaxing. Perfect to watch with a cuppa for a quick break where I can just switch off for a few minutes.

3. Onya1213
    January 19, 2017 / 2:59 pm

Always enjoy these, Ruth. I especially like the shots of A with Dex and Bear. Speaking of Dexter, has he been demoted? He wasn’t Studio Pooch for this shoot…Funny story: I had just loaded the video, from the AMR page, and was, I thought, waiting for it to begin. So, I’m looking at a beautiful kitchen shot, and admiring it, and then getting really excited, because it looked EXACTLY like my internet pal Ruth’s kitchen! I thought it was an ad. And then I got pissed off on your behalf, thinking some company had nicked your design and was using it without attribution. And then you entered the shot, and I felt like an idiot. Duhhhhhh.

4. Sue
    January 19, 2017 / 7:21 pm

Not long to go now, Mama! I remember the out of breath stage of pregnancy all too well :)
    I’m sure it’s really annoying when people nit pick things they’ve seen when you’re so kind to share, but I just wanted to pass on some car seat advice! We were told that when baby’s head poked over the top of the car seat as Angelica’s is in your vid it’s time for a new one as they won’t be protected in the event of (God forbid) the car rolling over. Plus the sun canopy won’t work on it! I saw you’ve done a next car seat post though so you have it all in hand!
    Changing baby on the floor is good as baby can’t roll off the floor :)
    Also, please can you do a post on how to look vaguely alive when surviving on next to no sleep with babies? Any magic potions? X

• Natasha
      January 20, 2017 / 12:07 pm

I actually forgot the out breath bit! So that’s good. It only takes five years to forget the bad. That means I still need to more years to wipe out the terrible two’s.

5. Sandie
    January 19, 2017 / 8:25 pm

Hi Ruth, your new fragrance CoLab sounds amazing, I will stock up this weekend! I hope you find the chance to rest before your new baby arrives, I really don’t know how you manage staying so active and working fulltime so thank you so much for another great video!

6. Louise
    January 20, 2017 / 3:48 am

I enjoy these videos very much! Will definitely be trying the new Colab, already a fan of the original.
    I wondered where your lovely glasses frames are from? Thank you! X

7. Imogen
    January 20, 2017 / 12:57 pm

Lovely video ! Where is Dexter’s funny long neck chicken toy from? It’s great.

8. Lucy
    January 21, 2017 / 2:05 am

I love these vlogs but I do believe Angelica is way over the height limit for that car seat Usually they only go up to 30″ tall babies.

9. Claire L
    January 21, 2017 / 2:40 am

Loved all the little tidbits of your routine that you show in the video, the bit where A takes your phone and films herself is classic and true to life! I love her wee gold shoes and how helpful she was with the dropped towel lol, it’s amazing how much a one year old understands! I have a 2 year old and it was like looking back at her a year ago which is lovely.

10. Anja
    January 21, 2017 / 8:55 am

I absolutely love those videos! Nosey? Me? I sure am! It just makes you so relatable. It’s really lovely to somehow accompany you a little. I’m so impressed with how you managed being a Mum to Angelica, a wife and working full-time! You certainly are a role-model!

• Anja
      January 21, 2017 / 8:56 am

Oh and being heavily pregnant at the same time of course!

11. Carol
    January 28, 2017 / 4:16 pm

Lovely vid – really lovely but please take that fish out of a bowl – its so cruel – please google the facts on this