Chanel Coco Codes Collection

chanel codes palettes

Woo, there’s some serious alliteration going on there! “Chanel Coco Codes Collection” – sounds all cloaked in Parisian mystery, if you ask me. But listen, I can’t go on too much because I’m – quite literally –  about to have the new baby and it feels a bit inappropriate to be typing on my laptop. If you’re grimacing at the fact that I’m working at all, so close to giving birth, then do bear in mind that I find writing very relaxing and therapeutic and so I’m really doing this more for my own benefit than anything else. It’s a distraction. I’m not good with hospitals.

Anyway, as I say, I can’t go on too much, so this is a sort of “holding post” until I’m back in action. I have some beautiful photographs of the new Chanel collection and want to show you how it all looks in real life, on my face, and so when I have a spare moment I will bombard you with pics. I just didn’t want you to be miffed if you took a fancy to the Codes stuff and waited for my review and it had all sold out – I can’t tell you how many posts I’ve had to scrap recently because the products (all high-end) had sold out before I’d even had a chance to hit the publish button…

My favourite pieces from Chanel’s Spring 2017 drop are the face powder palettes. The Coco Code Blush Harmony quad (£49 here) is ridiculously attractive – a shame to dip into, in a way – and gives a very healthy glow to the skin if all four shades are swirled and swept at once. Actually, sort of too much of a healthy glow, because the pink part is quite pigmented and it can look a bit much all over – it’s great as a dedicated blush, but if you want the bonne mine effect then skip out the pink and brush over the remaining three tones.

chanel codes blusher

I actually wouldn’t mind a version of this quad (permanent line, please!) with a more apricot/peach tone option instead of the pink. To make it easier to bash it all on with a big brush. In fact, the standalone Joues Contraste for the range (top picture, Chanel’s classic little round blush), which is called Élégance, would be my ideal substitution in terms of tone. Élégance is actually one of my favourite blush shades in a while – a sparkly little golden apricot that reminds me of Mariah Carey at Christmas (what?!) but gives a gorgeous, chic, warm highlight to the skin. (Find it online here, £34.)

Right, I must be off – the baby’s head is crowning (joke!). You can find the whole of the Chanel Coco Codes collection online at FeelUnique here. They seem to have quite good stock and it’s free delivery too, so all good. And make sure you pick up a can of the new and amazing Colab Paradise dry shampoo when you’re over there, it’s just launched on the site! (Shameless plug.)

2016 A Model Recommends: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers will usually be affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Victoria Perolls
    February 4, 2017 / 8:26 am

Sending you all the very best wishes, Ruth!

2. Tatiana
    February 4, 2017 / 9:39 am

I bought the Coco Code Blush Harmony and if I’m not careful it can go on rather dark and clownish. I suspect the fact the pink is so pigmented is responsible for this. Also bought one of the eyeshadow quads, Codes Subtils. Enjoying these pieces very much.
    Hope you have a smooth, easy deliver and are in and out of the hospital in no time. I not good with hospitals either, so I completely understand.

3. February 4, 2017 / 10:10 am

My favorite tool to apply the Coco Code Blush Harmony is a duo fiber brush. I get a very pretty warm glow that doesn’t look too intense on my light skin tone.
    Best wishes, Ruth! :)

4. Jane
    February 4, 2017 / 12:40 pm

Best wishes for the birth Ruth!

5. Minty
    February 4, 2017 / 1:01 pm

Good luck lovely lady xx

6. February 4, 2017 / 1:04 pm

I am pretty good with hospitals. I keqn, I should be, I worked there 10 years +, but I am not the best with palettes like this. I prefer my shades separately, otherwise I usually end up like a clown.

7. Sally Smith
    February 4, 2017 / 2:04 pm

Best of luck! Very exciting… Can’t wait to hear all about it x

8. February 4, 2017 / 2:31 pm

Best wishers Ruth hope all goes well, looking forward to seeing the new arrival. Sending you lots of love.

9. Martha
    February 4, 2017 / 5:44 pm

Good luck with your delivery Ruth!

Just wanted to note, since you’ve mentioned you’ve been making some changes to the site, that sometimes posts seem to disappear, usually the second to last (newest) post. It’s happened to the one before this one, and it happened to the giveaway one. On the front page there’s a blank space where the post should be, and while the link for it shows up where it says “previous post”, and it does take you to that post’s page (with comments and all), the actual post isn’t there. Maybe it’s just my computer, maybe it’s something you’re aware of, but I wanted to let you know just in case!

xx

10. K.
    February 4, 2017 / 6:35 pm

Oh! Good luck! Wishing you and baby a fast, safe and happy delivery and great joy for your family in the days ahead!

11. Hazel
    February 4, 2017 / 8:01 pm

I wish you joy and hope verything goes well!

12. Stephanie-M-M
    February 4, 2017 / 9:38 pm

Best wishes to you and your soon new little family member! X

The Blush Harmony does not speak to me (I am not a fan of multipe colours in one palette), but Jous Contraste Elegance does SO speak to me. Thank Heaven it’s permanent. Also was interested in Les 4 Ombres Code Subtils but I bought so many (well there were 2) Chanel palettes in December……”The Wallet says NO!”

13. Liv
    February 4, 2017 / 10:29 pm

Best of luck Ruth! Hope all goes well & we look forward to your impending announcement… :-)

14. Gisela Spencer
    February 4, 2017 / 11:40 pm

Very best of health and smooth sailing with baby number two.
    OOh I wonder if its a boy???

15. February 4, 2017 / 11:53 pm

This collection looks amazing! Good luck with the birth x

16. Kit
    February 5, 2017 / 8:43 am

Looks very similar to a palate Chanel put out previously in stripes, a peachy pink, a shimmer, a light bronze and then a dark bronzer. No gold though.

17. Maja
    February 5, 2017 / 9:17 am

So many people wishing you the best of luck… and looking forward to the continuation of your great blog. It’s one of my favorites.

18. Gemma Stone