Adidas Primeknit: My Perfect Summer Trainers…

Adidas Stan Smith Primeknit Trainers

I went on a bit of a trainer-buying spree this week, if two pairs could count as a “spree”. It all started when Adidas Originals and Mini Rodini sent Baby Angelica some teeny Primeknit Stan Smiths (along with the most magnificent tracksuit – see post here). She was indifferent (as toddlers tend to be) but I was in love: Stan Smiths are my default trainer of choice anyway*, but these were lightweight, made of a sort of soft knitted fabric. More like a plimsoll than a trainer, but still structured and sporty – I think perhaps a little more chic and edgy than a leather Stan Smith.

Adidas Stan Smith Primeknit Trainers

So off I went into the internet and found a pair in pale pink (I’ll be wearing these with light blue jeans and a cashmere sweater, as soon as I manage to get myself out of the post-partum body-tent outfits) and then, because I loved them so very much from the second I unboxed them, I went straight back onto the world wide web and bought them in classic white and green!

Adidas Stan Smith Primeknit Trainers

They are so unbelievably comfy to wear and they look light and fresh – basically my perfect trainers for the summery months. They’d look equally as good thrown on with a pastel-coloured Aquascutum trench and jeans as they would with a flippy little mini-dress; the knit texture makes them (I think) more luxe, less obviously “sporty”.

Adidas Stan Smith Primeknit Trainers

The Primeknits aren’t all that easy to get hold of; I don’t know whether they’re discontinued or a new version is about to come out, hence the big reductions (see below), but I had to spend a little while hunting down the right size.

Adidas Stan Smith Primeknit Trainers

If you fancy some stupendously comfy (and attractive) trainers for the summer (it’s still a bit chilly and rainy to put them on now!) then Office have the pale pink primeknits in sizes UK 5 and 6, £38 reduced from £79.99 HERE, and the white with green detailing for £45 instead of £94.99, in sizes UK 4-8 HERE.

You can also find them in pink and in – oooh! – grey marl at Offspring HERE.

© 2016 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers will usually be affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. February 17, 2017 / 7:12 am

They look amazing! I only have some glittery black ones and union jack converse, so something white and light is still missing in my collection.

2. Helen
    February 17, 2017 / 8:46 am

These are just the kind of trainers I have been looking for, thank you Ruth! Now I need to decide on a colour. How have you found the sizing (do they come up big or small)?

3. Lynn
    February 17, 2017 / 10:09 am

Hi Ruth, Great Post! I love these and have just ordered the white ones with green detail. I can’t wait to receive them.
    I just hope they fit!: )x

4. Elle von Westarp
    February 17, 2017 / 10:16 am

I live in Adidas and I will till I die! I have the black stan smith leopard and bought the stan smith crystal white scale last week (similar to yours actually). But I’m not as brave as you are for wearing pink! x

5. Lucy
    February 17, 2017 / 10:22 am

Oh man, I instantly bought these.

6. HERRENDEZVOUS
    February 17, 2017 / 10:57 am

Ah, they’re definitely on my wishlist! They look amazing!

XX

7. Kat
    February 17, 2017 / 6:33 pm

Uh oh, I just ordered a pair in green! I’m not a fan of the original stan smiths but these look great. Perfect for hot, fat, pregnant feet!

8. Sharron
    February 18, 2017 / 11:51 am

Loving both colour versions. Just ordered the pink ones.

9. Rachel
    February 19, 2017 / 9:04 am

Ohh this are just ehqtbi’ve been looking for. Can’t find the triple white (no green detail) anywhere though :(

10. emma bailey
    February 19, 2017 / 4:21 pm

I’ve been searching high and low for my size in these since you posted them on insta. No joy in the pink but have ordered the white just now. thanks for the find!

11. Laura
    February 19, 2017 / 4:49 pm

Went out and ordered these online after seeing your instagram pic Ruth! Hoping they fit me now,perfect for off-duty wear with skinnies/leggings!