Beauty Favourites: March 2017

march beauty favourites

Back to the beauty favourites – a good mix of body, hair, skincare and makeup this month. Oh, and some panty liners thrown in for good measure. I deliberated for ages (ten minutes) over whether to include panty liners – they’re not exactly the most glamorous of items – but they have been my most-used item of the month, so it would be wrong of me to leave them out!

(Thought: what is a “panty”? I mean, I know what pants are, and I know what pant-ies are, but what is a pant-y singular? Half a pant? And we don’t even say pants in Great Britain, we say knickers! Are panty liners an American thing? And the name has crossed over the ocean along with the concept of very small, very thin sanitary towels that are only good for the most minor of leakages? Someone please enlighten me.)

Anyway, these liners are “of note” because they are pure organic cotton (breathable) and aren’t fragranced. I won’t go into too much detail here (I’m going to do a gross TMI post on The Uphill soon!) but fragranced panty things do not agree with my most sensitive parts. God knows why you’d want anything perfumed touching that bit of your body – you’re just asking for trouble. So yeah, these are just natural and nice.

On that note, let’s get on with the video, shall we? If you do want to read lots of posts with far too much information shared about my body then make sure you bookmark (or subscribe to) my other blog, The Uphill.

Caudalie The des Vignes Shower Gel: http://tidd.ly/58fb0d1c

YES THEY DO A PERFUME!!!! goo.gl/hpbMso

Eucerin Complete Repair Intensive Lotion: http://tidd.ly/79c0ab03

Natracare Panty Liners: http://amzn.to/2oNjh8E

Love Boo Miracle Body Oil: http://tidd.ly/27396990

Botanicals Strength Cure Conditioning Balm: http://tidd.ly/8988ff47

Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Cleansing Oil: http://bit.ly/2nwAser

Liz Earle Eyebright Lotion: goo.gl/9tkbza

Simple Dual Effect Eye Makeup Remover: http://tidd.ly/93578491

BareMinerals Invisible Bronze in Tan: http://tidd.ly/d309518e

Chanel Volume de Chanel Mascara: http://tidd.ly/84f8a68a

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers are affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. April 2, 2017 / 8:37 pm

I always love a good pantyliner, Ruth–excited to hear you talk about them, actually!

2. April 2, 2017 / 10:02 pm

I don’t want perfume down there either, I totally get it.

3. Bookgirl_12
    April 2, 2017 / 10:14 pm

I LOVE the Caudalie The des Vignes perfume and it is so bargainous!
    Also I LOVE your ‘too much information ‘ and just think you are brave enough to broach the sorts of subjects many need information about but are too shy to ask!
    Keep doing your fabulous and hilarious (in a good way) informative but fun posts and videos please x

4. sarah
    April 2, 2017 / 11:35 pm

Those are my favorite liners!

5. Melissa
    April 3, 2017 / 1:16 am

I’m in the U.S. and I honestly use panty liners everyday, except for those 5-7 wonderful days that arrive every month. They keep me fresh and dry and it’s definitely for “the most minor of leakages.” You Brits have a way of making things sound so much nicer! Lol

6. Melissa
    April 3, 2017 / 1:21 am

To add to my comment above, I definitely agree with using fragrance free products in that region. However, I definitely avoid “organic” or “unbleached” panty liners and tampons/pads. You would think they would be better, but the chemicals used on these cotton products keep bacteria away. I’ve suffered horribly from using such products.
    However, I highly recommend the Diva Cup. I was skeptical at first and I won’t go into detail about how to use them, but they are very comfortable and economical.

7. April 3, 2017 / 3:58 am

So many products I need to try now! Love the Liz Earl products, but hard to find here. Thank you so much for sharing!
    xoxo
    Serein

8. Jan Kelley
    April 3, 2017 / 6:06 am

I don’t like fragrance in the nether regions either. Why? It’s just crazy. I have enough problems wearing fragrance in what would be considered normal areas. It often makes me itch.

9. April 3, 2017 / 10:24 am

I am having a bit of a moment with the Kiehl’s Midnight recovery concentrate. Very late to the game but it’s lovely!

Leanne

10. Virginia Villalobos
    April 3, 2017 / 1:28 pm

Forget panty liners, I want that cat pillow!

• Jane
      April 3, 2017 / 4:51 pm

Ha ha, me too! Ruth, I NEED the kitty cushion in my life, where did you get it please? Great video, totally agree about no perfume on the nethers!

11. Seyhan
    April 3, 2017 / 1:29 pm

Oh nothing gross about panty liners, it’s not too much info either. We need more bloggers talking about these things and bringing suggestions. Lovely video as usual.

12. Sandra
    April 3, 2017 / 7:25 pm

Caudalie also makes a hand creme in that delicous smell, and the scent stays on your hands for quite long! Very suprised about the scented panty liners, where I live they are very uncommon. I cannot imagine why someone would even want that…

13. April 3, 2017 / 8:13 pm

Panty liners keep my knickers nice and un-cringy looking.

14. Sandy
    April 3, 2017 / 8:24 pm

Thank you for talking about panty liners, it should be normal to talk about these things.
    It even makes me kind of angry to think about why they make them fragranced, that gives me the feeling we should all feel like we smell bad “down there”, and that’s just wrong…

15. Sandie
    April 3, 2017 / 9:06 pm

I really look forward to your monthly Beauty Favourites, always such a great selection of products (and thank you for the tip on the Simple eye product too, I have sensitive eyes and always trying to find one that doesn’t turn my eye area red!).
    About the Liners – not TMI at all! I haven’t seen many “natural” products available in chemists or stores, they all seem to be of the “fresh/fragranced” variety, so will look out for this brand.

16. SuWu
    April 4, 2017 / 1:31 am

Ruth! The photo of you from this piece next to the one you have on your blog are quite the contrast. You are just so versatile. Always love listening to your reviews.

17. Lyn P
    April 4, 2017 / 12:25 pm

You can buy the panty liners online at Ocado and Waitrose, Ruth

18. April 5, 2017 / 4:18 am

You always make great beauty posts! We love following you!

19. Lucy
    April 5, 2017 / 6:31 am

Nivea do a version of the eye makeup remover and it’s always on special offer, think I got it for less than £1.50 last time. I find it great, takes off stubborn mascara so well and I have quite sensitive skin which it has never bothered; defo worth a try especially when it’s on offer.

20. Hannah
    April 14, 2017 / 10:56 am

SO glad it’s not just me who hates the concept of perfumed sanitary towels. I don’t even understand what the point of them is!