Sukin Micellar Cleansing Water

Sukin Micellar Water Review

I completely forgot to include the Micellar Cleansing Water from Sukin in my Current Beauty Favourites: a huge oversight, because I actually use this quite regularly. I use micellars in general quite regularly, thinking about it, whether it’s to remove a bit of my makeup pre-cleansing, as in with a balm or oil or cream, or to have a very speedy once-over in the morning when I’m running short of time. A micellar cleanser is a water with tiny droplets of oily cleanser suspended in it, just in case you were wondering; the oil attracts the dirt and then it’s all wiped away, which isn’t as ideal a situation – in my opinion – as breaking down the dirt with oils and then rinsing away, but it’s convenient if you’re not near running water. Or short of time.

So I definitely don’t think that a micellar water can (or should) replace a proper cleanse, one with a washcloth and warm water, but it’s bloody useful when you’ve only got thirty seconds to do your entire beauty routine! They can also be nice and gentle as a final “clean sweep” over your skin once you’ve done a proper wash – if you’re not in the bath and are trying to be careful with your face-splashing then sometimes bits get missed, I find, especially around the hairline and under the chin…

Anyway, the one from Australian natural beauty brand Sukin is lovely and soothing, but surprisingly deft at cutting through makeup. Even a mild bit of eye makeup, so long as it’s nothing too rubbery or claggy. It contains cucumber, aloe vera and chamomile and has a very refreshing feel, but doesn’t leave skin dry or tight. I’ve been really impressed and put it to the ultimate test the other day: I made it the “Duty Cleanser” during one of my crazy makeup-trying-on sessions. Four foundations and nine lipstick changes later… No soreness whatsoever and I didn’t have to rub at my face like a woman possessed.

You can find the Sukin Micellar Cleansing Water at Boots here* – it’s £7.95. Sukin seems to be quite a lovely brand – their tagline is Beauty Shouldn’t Cost The Earth, and they are vegan and 100% carbon neutral. I have a few more bits to try, so I’ll keep you updated.

*Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer.

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. Outward links to retailers are affiliate links. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Maireaddy
    April 21, 2017 / 8:11 am

No criticism of you Ruth but I don’t understand how a brand can claim to be carbon neutral and then ship all this way – there’s nothing about how that’s mitigated on their site.

• April 21, 2017 / 11:08 am

I understand from research that I have done that they donate to an organization that plants trees to outbalance the carbon dioxide created in production. If that refera to the shipping as well I am not sure.

• Michelle
      April 21, 2017 / 1:00 pm

I was just wondering the same thing!

2. April 21, 2017 / 11:09 am

I use a shampoo and conditioner from the line that I stumbled upon in TKMaxx a few months back, it is lovely as well.

3. Lauren
    April 21, 2017 / 11:28 am

You should try the Sukin Chia oil it is amazing on my dry, sensitive and acne prone skin

4. Anne
    April 21, 2017 / 2:16 pm

Their face wash is also very good. Don’t love the scent – it is very earthy – but it feels very nourishing and cleanses well.

5. April 21, 2017 / 2:43 pm

O this looks incredible and I love that it is organic! I have never heard of this brand before, thanks for sharing.
    xo,
    Em

6. Jaclyn
    April 21, 2017 / 4:59 pm

Love the Sukin brand. Effective, lovely products at reasonable prices. Big fan of the micellar water, also the super green face serum.

7. Andrea
    April 21, 2017 / 5:11 pm

I’d love to hear some further reviews of Sukin. I’m a big fan of this range (what I’ve tried, at least). The rose hip facial oil and creams are gentle, soothing and leave skin glowing and healthy-looking. Shampoo and conditioner are also very nice at cleaning without stripping and moisturizing without leaving residue.

I first stumbled on the products a while back when i was in Australia and did some research on their environmental and animal treatment policies and they do have a strong commitment to sustainability through the purchase of carbon credits and reforestation. The fact that they’re vegan and cruelty free is also an attractive point. All in all, a nice skin and hair care range that is priced quite reasonably!

8. April 22, 2017 / 9:47 am

I love their products. Especially facial scrub and clay masque x

9. Liv
    April 23, 2017 / 4:40 am

Yeah this brand is quite popular in Australia and can be purchased cheaply almost everywhere. The night creams are lovely too! Only problem is I’m not a huge fan of the scent – sort of reminds me of Orange Poppyseed cake….

10. April 25, 2017 / 3:43 pm

I’m such a huge fan of Sukin! I have their protein shampoo, night cream and natural deodrant (it actually works). I really enjoy what they stand for and it’s affordable so I’m all for it.

11. April 26, 2017 / 9:18 am

This looks a nice product however I am not a huge Micellar water fan.

Leanne

12. April 26, 2017 / 12:05 pm

Sound interesting. We’ll try out for sure. Greatings from Switzerland.

13. Anita
    April 29, 2017 / 5:22 pm

Love micelar waters as well, as in a fresh-don’t have much time-sort of cleanse but I haven’t tried this one yet… Have to give it a go!