Queen of Hungary Mist: Maximum Indulgence | AD

Omorovicza Limited Edition Queen of Hungary Mist

Be still my beating beauty heart: Omorovicza’s amazing Queen of Hungary Mist has just launched in the most gorgeous limited edition packaging! Inspired by the architecture at the Rácz spa in Budapest, the pretty pink box and glass bottle are embellished with tiny silver stars.

If you’ve been reading A Model Recommends for any length of time then you’ll already be fairly familiar with the Queen of Hungary Mist from Omorovicza; over the years I’ve raved about it relentlessly. It’s one of my favourite luxury beauty products, with its incredible rose and neroli scent and its hydrating, soothing effects. During the summer months I use it as a sort of portable personal atmosphere, spritzing it liberally about my person to keep my spirits high, but it’s just the most wonderful facial treat after cleansing, during a skincare session or for refreshing makeup throughout the day.

Omorovicza Limited Edition Queen of Hungary Mist review

I find the scent so uplifting, but the rose, orange blossom and sage waters also help to tone and balance the skin as well as providing a bit of much-needed cooling relief when the temperatures rise. I’ve been spritzing like a madwoman for the past couple of weeks, tying my hair back into a bun and making sure I mist my neck and my chest for maximum indulgence.

Apparently, the Queen of Hungary Mist formula is inspired by the Queen of Hungary water, which was a perfume formulated in the 14th Century for the Queen of Hungary. That’s a lot of Queen in that sentence, but it is a royally brilliant product. And I love the history behind the Omorovicza brand; it goes all the way back to the 1800s when the Omorovicza family (ancestors of the founder, Stephen) commissioned the building of the beautiful Rácz spa in Budapest. They built the thermal baths on the site of a medieval healing spring and used one of the most celebrated architects in Hungarian history, Miklos Ybl. Just look at this ceiling:

omorovicza racz spa budapest

You can certainly see where the inspiration for the limited edition mist comes from…

I would love to visit the Rácz spa one day, it looks incredible. And Omorovicza have their own luxurious standalone spa and boutique in Budapest – maybe I’ll go and do a sort of spa-crawl. Like a pub crawl, but rolling in and out of various treatments all day instead of drinking booze. Though if there was any bubbly on offer, I’d probably indulge. It’s been that sort of week. Month. Year. Give me strength.

Omorovicza Limited Edition Queen of Hungary Mist

You can find the brand new Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist on their website here – it’s £25. It says that it’s perfect for dry and dull skin, but if you’re on the oilier side then don’t be put off; I’ve been spritzing this stuff for years and my skin has been through the full spectrum of types!

Omorovicza Limited Edition Queen of Hungary Mist

The wonderful people at Omorovicza have also offered readers a 20% discount that can be used on any full-sized product and a deluxe sample of either their Thermal Cleansing Balm or Ultramoor Mud Mask. Just use the code BALM20 if you’d like the cleansing balm, or MASK20 if you’d prefer to try the mask. Both are in very cute little glass pots and are brilliant for travelling with. The award-winning cleansing balm (here) is an all-time favourite – great for a luxurious, lengthy cleansing session – and the Ultramoor is a feisty little number. Very brightening on dull skin! You can read more about that one here.

Ts & Cs: Available on full priced items only, cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, one sample per customer. Valid from 30th June 2017. Expires 31/07/17 11.59pm BST

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. June 30, 2017 / 8:11 am

I could’ve done with something like this during all that heat in London the other week! Might have to purchase a spritz so that I’m armed and ready when the next heatwave hits!!

Rebecca
    xx

2. Lizzie
    June 30, 2017 / 12:38 pm

I love this spritz so much, and the cleansing balm too. Thanks for the discount!

3. June 30, 2017 / 9:39 pm

I have tried this spritz as well and really enjoyed it, but I just couldn’t´t justify the price tag for regular repurchase.

4. Kristen
    June 30, 2017 / 10:29 pm

I’ve been to their flagship spa in Budapest. It was hands down the most amazing facial I have ever had. While most people close their eyes and imagine a tropical island when they’re stressed, I swear I close my eyes and think about that facial. This was a few years ago, but at the time there was no charge for the treatments if you were buying products. I ended up with a facial and a body wrap for purchasing a thermal cleansing balm, their exfoliating cleanser and a moisturizer (which I would have purchased anyway). The best part was I was the only person there apart from their staff.

• July 1, 2017 / 7:28 am

Wow, high praise indeed. Now I MUST go! When I had their facial they did this amazing butterfly sort of move on my face, and it was on another level. x

5. Louise
    July 1, 2017 / 11:51 am

Hi Ruth, I was in Budapest at the end of May and I booked a facial at Oromovicza and it was heavenly! We also went to Gellar Baths. I can recommend you the Moments hotel, only a few doors away from the Oromovicza flagship store.
    Have a nice weekend !
    Kind regards from Holland x

6. Eszter
    July 1, 2017 / 2:48 pm

Ruth, so good to hear these nice words about Omorovicza! I am from Hungary and I love their products and the spa :). I am happy Kristen recommended the spa, because, while I’d do the same, I might be a tad bit biased. But I can’t say goodbye without encouraging you to go and visit the spa and the city. Eszter x

7. Jane
    July 3, 2017 / 12:56 pm

Ooh Ruth, you’ve just made me do something very naughty and order the mist and the Moor cream cleanser! I’ve been eyeing up the mist for ages now and this little incentive pushed me over the edge, can’t wait to receive the products so I can have some indulgent time in the bathroom.

8. sarah
    July 4, 2017 / 3:40 pm

Thank you for the offer, I indulged myself and bought the spray (I have been using it for a few years and cannot be without it) because the star packaging is just so pretty.

I usually buy from Space NK, but I’m going to order direct every time now. Everything came so beautifully packaged, it made opening my treat a real indulgence.

I’m saving up to go to the spa now. Sounds heavenly.

9. Kate
    July 7, 2017 / 3:54 pm

I bought the spray and it just arrived – very pretty packaging! (although I could have done without the extra layer of tissue paper – should the brand read this!). Such a pretty bottle and my skin now feels very soft. In fact, having read your post again now I’m working out how I can convince my husband to change our holiday destination from Florence to Budapest when we book this evening – that’s how much I want to go to the spa!