Unique Boutique: My Luxury Beauty Edit | AD

top luxury beauty products

I am delighted to announce my new role as an ambassador for online beauty retailer Feelunique. They stock such a brilliant (and huge) variety of products – everything from the most decadent of face creams right down to the most budget-friendly eyeliner – and there are lots of niche and unusual brands to discover as well as the more established favourites. So I’m very excited to be working with them and there are some really exciting projects in the pipeline too. One of them is something I have wanted to do for ages, so it’ll be amazing to see it finally come to life!

top luxury beauty products

But firstly, and to celebrate my new role, I have put together an edit of my luxury favourites for the Unique Boutiquewhich is a section on the Feelunique website that highlights the very best in beauty. Whether you’re looking to invest in a new power-mask or find out about the latest fragrances, then this is the place to head to – the edits have been carefully curated to bring you everything that’s extra-special.

top luxury beauty products

You can find my list of favourite beauty buys (and a video talking you through why I love each one) here. If you’re a regular reader than nearly all of the things will be products that you’ve seen before – these are creams and sprays and lotions that I use again and again, the things that I’ve run out of and re-purchased more times than I can count.

top luxury beauty products

I had to include the wonderful Hylamide Glow, here, which is a very gradual face tanner that’s almost entirely foolproof. You just add a couple of drops to your moisturiser (or use it neat) and it gives a very realistic, sunkissed glow that can be built up over a number of days. And then there’s the wonderful Queen of Hungary Mist from Omorovicza, here, which never fails to lift my spirits as well as freshen up my face – I think the smell of it is just incredible.

top luxury beauty products

And then I’ve included the Facial Radiance Pads from First Aid Beauty, which have a bit more clout when it comes to bringing about skin changes, helping to brighten, tone and exfoliate in a firm-but-gentle sort of way. You can find those here along with L’Oreal’s Revitalift Laser Renew Night Cream-Mask, which has been a favourite for a while now, due to its supreme overnight skin-plumping capabilities.

top luxury beauty products

On the treats front, I’ve gone for some powerful aromatherapy to really make the most of my relaxation time. (Ha! Relaxation time, what?) So we have some Deep Relax bath oil (find it here), a bottle of the incredibly effective Deep Sleep Pillow Spray from This Works and then a jar of sumptuous, highly addictive Aromatic Cleansing Balm from Darphin.

I feel as though I’m spoiling my Unique Boutique appearance by telling you what’s on my luxury favourites list, so make sure you click through to watch the video. There are some excellent makeup essentials, including a fresh-look foundation and my current favourite lipstick shade, and some bodycare heroes that very often save me from beauty disaster. So go, go, run like the wind! (Is that even the correct phrase? Or is it ride like the wind? Whatever: fly! Fly my pretties!)

Unique Boutique

This is a paid-for advertorial with Feelunique.

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Linda
    October 9, 2017 / 3:00 pm

If only they weren’t out of stock like all the time of everything I want to buy. I’ve kind of given up on them now….

• October 25, 2017 / 9:52 pm

Hi Ruth,

Just wanted to let you know how much I really loved the article

2. Cristina
    October 9, 2017 / 3:42 pm

Hi Ruth, first time I comment but a long long time follower. Your blog helped me a lot to improve my skin. Effaclar duo, serums, and some products are my favs thanks to you. SO I bought and love the Hylamide Glow serum and it is really amazing, my skin looks sunkissed and my redness are less visible, great! BUT is it possible that my skin is super dried and peeling (my nose) because of it?
    And, by the way, that happens also when I use the Effaclar duo with SPF. It is great BUT at some point I need to stop or my skin peels! And I use serums, I mask, etc.
    SO?
    Kudos and THANKS!

• October 9, 2017 / 10:12 pm

Interesting!! I’m not sure – never happened with me, and I have used it a LOT, but let’s see if anyone else has had that problem! x

• October 11, 2017 / 2:12 am

Don’t worry girl, I’ve found with the Effaclar duo my skin can sometimes get a bit irritated and become extremely dry, flaky, and peel. Not good! I find it can be a bit intense, I just try to use it a couple times a week so I don’t upset my skin too much :) Hope this helps!

xoxo – Lauren Will from LaurensLipGlossary.com

3. Emma
    October 9, 2017 / 9:12 pm

I have waited a fair few years to buy the deep sleep pillow spray despite reading and trusting your numerous mentions of it. It took a tiny travel size at the M&S til to make me finally try it but I would never have picked it up if not for you and I am now hooked. It has got me through growing pains (6 yr old’s not mine) and sleepovers where children despite not going to sleep until 10pm miraculously wake at 5:30am, so thank you! X p.s I pondered the use of the apostrophe in the brackets above and still can’t work out if it is appropriate or not…. they belong to her but still feels wrong

• October 9, 2017 / 10:11 pm

Haha, I feel as though I’ve made everyone paranoid about apostrophes. I’ve made MYSELF paranoid about them! All words look wrong to me now. It’s only a matter of time before I make a clanging great big grammatical error in full public view. x

• Claire L
      October 11, 2017 / 3:10 am

Lol I just had to reply, being an English grammatical/punctuation nerd! It is correct but would read better if it said: “(the 6 year old’s, not mine),”. But that’s only nitpicking and we know what you meant!

4. October 10, 2017 / 7:58 am

I have never purchased from Feel Unique, I stick to Cult Beauty, but I just have to get over there, if only to see your video. Usually favorites videos are quite boring, but yours are the ones I still watch. Even though I fear Baby Ted won´t make an appearance in this one, will he?

5. Natasha
    October 10, 2017 / 9:03 am

Awesome! I wanted to mention that I love the way you kept your integrity. You getting paid for PR, but the products you mention are ones that you’ve spoken about loads (stole that word from you).
    I wish you all the best! And please don’t change the way you do things.

• Dean
      October 12, 2017 / 11:09 am

WOOOOOW :)

6. October 11, 2017 / 2:17 am

Ahhh that pillow spray sounds amazing, I took a peek at the ingredients and I’m loving all of the essential oils it has in it! I’ve been a bit obsessed with glamming up my bedtime routine and I’m on the hunt for a good pillow/linen mist.

xoxo – Lauren Will from LaurensLipGlossary.com

7. Clare
    October 11, 2017 / 4:23 pm

Ooh I’m wondering if you’re going to do some kind of beauty box edit with them. We can but hope! x

8. Georgina
    October 13, 2017 / 2:49 pm

I’m a bit paler than you and while hylamide glow is passable in summer I find it looks too yellow on my fair cool complexion in winter, unfortunately:( I can’t wait to try the sleep spray – I’ve used the this works stress less face mask and it’s just my favorite thing ever! Have you tried Rene rouleau products? I think you’d like her 17% acid pore and wrinkle perfecting serum – non-irritating yet so effective!

9. Elly
    November 21, 2017 / 8:42 am

Hi Ruth,
    I’m in Australia and Hylamide Glow has been out of stock for a while. The latest I heard is that it’s because it’s being reformulated. If that’s the case, can you please let us know if and when you test out the new one? Thank you.
    Elly