Christian Louboutin Sequin Boots: It’s Party Time

Christian Louboutin Moulamax 100 Sequin Boots

Not since the Chanel bag debacle have I made such a frivolous and unnecessary purchase, but man have these Moulamaxsequin boots made me feel quite fabulous! I know that it’s both incredibly shallow and financially reckless to splash out on a pair of sequinned disco boots just to jolly myself up, but it’s not often I do one of those heart-racing “should-I shouldn’t-I?” purchases and this one has proven to be rather less silly than I first thought…

Christian Louboutin Moulamax 100 Sequin Boots

A sidenote on the pale pink Chanel bag: I looked up its resale value, second-hand, the other day, and if I sold it today I would make around a 15-20% profit. So perhaps not so financially reckless after all, especially with the lousy interest rates these days. (Though it’s probably not the safest way to invest your savings, if you’re taking this post seriously! )

Christian Louboutin Moulamax 100 Sequin Boots

Christian Louboutin Moulamax 100 Sequin Boots

Despite the Christian Louboutin Moulamax* boots seeming, on the surface, to be completely impractical – the sort of footwear you might pull on to go and see Britney in Vegas, or, I don’t know, Fame the musical – they are actually very wearable. They are of course covered in sequins, so look incredible as dressy going-out-out boots, but who would have thought they would look so good with pale denim and a grey cashmere jumper? As a bit of bling to cheer up a dismal day? They have the same perky effect as a red lipstick, except it’s on your feet and not your face.

Christian Louboutin Moulamax 100 Sequin Boots

I was in two minds as to whether I’d even post about these Louboutins; they’re not your run-of-the-mill Crilly recommendation, really, are they? They’re not something you’d wear to run for the bus or for (my favoured activity) dog-walking, they have a high heel that’s only just the right side of manageable for my crumbling ankle bones and they are silly-expensive…but I’m going to throw them out there anyway. Because as far as Christmas party footwear goes, you can’t beat them. Even in daylight they glitter like crazy discoballs, so imagine what they would be like at an actual disco!

Christian Louboutin Moulamax 100 Sequin Boots

Later on this week I thought I might do a photo post on how I think I’ll be wearing the boots, maybe with three different types of outfit. If you fancy that. I’ll look for some glitzy little high-street boot alternatives, too, just in case you’d like a bit of glitz on your feet but don’t want to sell your soul/car/granny to pay for it. (Saying that, the glitzy boots of the season, the YSL Nikki*, are nearly seven grand. SEVEN GRAND! The Louboutins seem positively sensible by comparison.) And I agree, glimmery boots are never going to get as many outings as a sensible pair of black leather flats, but oh. Those reversible sequins (glide your hands the wrong way and the sequins change from silver to multicoloured, like some amazing sort of dragon skin) and the iconic red soles…

Christian Louboutin Moulamax 100 Sequin Boots

If you’re tempted, then I bought my Christian Louboutin Moulamax 100s on Net-a-Porter here* – they were (brace yourselves) £695. You can also find them at Browns Fashion here* – I bought a whole size up, as per instructions on Net-a-Porter, so went for an IT40 instead of a 39. I’m a UK6 and they fit nicely – if anything still on the snug size rather than the large…

Non-affiliate link to Net-a-Porter

© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Eliza
    October 17, 2017 / 2:42 pm

Ohhhhhyeah. As in – approved! Life is for living my friends, and living includes sequined Louboutins. I want to see the looks!

2. Erika
    October 17, 2017 / 3:08 pm

Occasional splurge purchases are an utter joy. My last splurge was on some Golden Goose Deluxe Brand trainers which were silly money, but they make me happy every time I wear them. Enjoy your sparkly boots

3. Zoe
    October 17, 2017 / 3:27 pm

Dying to see them on your daily dog walk! Or anywhere in fact. Definitely a post!! x

4. Laura
    October 17, 2017 / 3:47 pm

You are absolutely right to purchase Ruth,you have just been through a very stressful time with the house move and with two small children,you 100%deserve the treat. I’d love to see how you style them! I splurged on a pair of lanvin ankle boots and pink cashmere sweater at the weekend as was feeling so miserable (36wks+ pregnant with SPD rendering me completely bed bound),nothing like retail therapy to make a girl feel better! Enjoy x

5. Emma
    October 17, 2017 / 3:51 pm

Yes a fashion looks post please!

6. Thuli
    October 17, 2017 / 4:39 pm

Wow…they are stunning

7. Denise Barnatt
    October 17, 2017 / 5:56 pm

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some similar ones from Next that were posted to social media!

8. Louise M
    October 17, 2017 / 6:46 pm

They are spectacular and I hope you enjoy every minute of wearing them. I’ve had my eye on a sparkly silver glitter pair of Doc Marten boots that are more in keeping with my lifestyle and will be easier on my feet and bank account. I’m inspired to buy them now.

9. Lilly
    October 17, 2017 / 7:26 pm

They seem perfectly wearable to me! I have a thing for very fancy look-at-me shoes since I went to London the first time with my mother at the age of 14 (little girl from the German country side) where I fell in love with the perfect boots made out of bright pink (fake) snake skin. They were way above my pocket money budget, but after fantasising for three days about them my mother went back and secretly got them for me. They were just perfect with dark jeans and a dark denim jacket, as if they were designed only for me… Since that I can’t ignore gorgeous shoes anymore :-)

10. October 17, 2017 / 8:31 pm

Y’know what, in investment terms, buying Chanel is actually a sure thing. The price of Chanel goes up every single year, without fail, and, in five years’ time, today’s Chanel purchase will be worth exponentially more. It’s a better guarantee of profit than putting your money in the bank, anyway…

11. Elena
    October 17, 2017 / 10:23 pm

Fashion post please Ruth! And YOLO x

12. Alex
    October 17, 2017 / 11:50 pm

Oh wow, they are absolutely gorgeous, Ruth! They have a sort of disco mermaid meets mother of dragons feel about them. Please, please do a post where you show how you style them up Xx

13. Claire L
    October 18, 2017 / 4:50 am

I have a pair of Alexander McQueen suede slippers with sequin skulls given to me by my fiance 4 years ago. Although I had to get special thin rubber soles put on by a cobbler because I didn’t want the thin leather soles to get ruined by the wet Scottish pavements, they were definitely worth the money. I wear them out from time to time and always get compliments on them, they go with almost anything and I love them. Enjoy your disco boots, Ruth! Xx

14. October 18, 2017 / 7:27 am

I’m looking C L for men

15. Eleni
    October 18, 2017 / 8:15 am

Ohhhhh amazing boots!!!! Good for you Ruth! I think sometimes it’s the unnecessary things that make all the difference in our mood and psychology. I can’t wait to see how you wear them with different outfits!

16. Francescabellezza
    October 18, 2017 / 8:20 am

fabulous! enjoy them.
    BTW, I thought the CHANEL bag unboxing was in bad taste; I do when every single
    YT person does it. These, on the other hand, wow!!! Thanks for sharing. Who knew about them!!!
    They are a joy!!!
    What fun… and not everyone has them!

17. Janet
    October 18, 2017 / 8:33 am

Perfect for holiday time. Sold out already…

18. Rach
    October 18, 2017 / 9:53 am

How could you not have these in your life!? Yes please, I want to see more of these beauties and outfits!

19. Kat Mac
    October 18, 2017 / 9:54 am

They are bloody GORGEOUS! They cheer me up just looking at them! Well done you. Sometimes the soul just needs something beautiful doesn’t it? Can’t wait to see how you wear them x

20. Anne
    October 18, 2017 / 11:29 am

Lovely! M&S has some great party boots too but I honestly don’t think £695 is bad for fab designer boots.

21. Maggie
    October 18, 2017 / 7:27 pm

Ruth, it is a genius buy for a busy Mum; come the need to dress up on a miserable winter’s evening (when you don’t want to leave the house but have to make an effort to look glam in 15 minutes) you just shove on some jeans and red lippy with these bad boys and you are ready to rock. And you can say they are CL every time someone asks! It’s the epitome of sensible shopping xox

22. Sandie
    October 18, 2017 / 8:31 pm

Absolutely fab! Well worth the price tag!

23. October 19, 2017 / 12:08 pm

These are the most stunning pair of boots Ruth, enjoy!

Sara

24. Louise
    October 19, 2017 / 1:32 pm

Would love to see how you style them. I had seen the sparkly New Look ones and wondered how they could be worn! Very Desperately Seeking Susan!

25. Jacqueline
    November 9, 2017 / 6:16 pm

Going to come over all instagrammer here but life is short, so If you can. Do