Week In A Vlog: January 2018

week in my life january

I’ve tweaked the name of my monthly Week in My Life videos to Week in a Vlog. I’m not sure how I feel about this decision yet, it was sort of rash and I may live to regret it. I think the problem stems from my hatred for the word “vlog”. It has to be one of the ugliest words in the English language, followed closely by “blog”. Which is unfortunate, considering my occupation.

Anyway, here it is – a week in my life condensed into a fifteen minute-long video. There was a whole section on carpets and which ones were on my shortlist for the living room (cool grey, warmish grey, darker grey), but I don’t know what happened to the footage. Perhaps it knew how utterly boring it was and self-deleted. There’s a dedicated interiors video on the horizon, so fear not if a monologue on carpet choices seemed like something you might want to watch…

In this episode of Crilly’s Monthlies (ooh, that would be a better title!) I go to a wonderful place called Aynhoe Park for a Cult Beauty retreat, look at nursery schools for Angelica and dither about like an idiot at home when I should be working. Enjoy. Suggestions for/feedback on video titles would be greatly appreciated, if you have time to leave a comment!

© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. February 5, 2018 / 10:41 am

I actually like week in a vlog, but as i am not a native speaker the beauty of the English language isn’t my main concern.

2. First Time Commenter
    February 5, 2018 / 1:52 pm

A Product Endorsement.
    I was thrilled and surprised your CoLab Dry Shampoo in my small university town in Southern Ontario, Canada! I found it last month. What a treat to see it right after your ‘release’ on a shelf in my local drug store – and On Sale which means I must have it.
    I have it in the London scent. The scent is really a ‘no-scent’ to me – so very subtle I cannot smell it. That isn’t a bad thing, it won’t interfere with my perfume nor overpower someone like the others I tried.
    Of 3 different brands I have used, yours is the gentlest to my hair and scalp. Yet does what it is supposed to – give lift and structure to my very fine textured hair. A Lovely product. I find myself reaching for it more and more as I enjoy what it lets me do with my hair.
    This may not be the place for this, but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy it and your blogs.

3. Jo
    February 5, 2018 / 2:16 pm

‘Crilly’s Monthlies’…can’t help but think it as being a break off post about managing periods!

4. Kate
    February 5, 2018 / 2:33 pm

The Crilly Chronicles! X

5. February 5, 2018 / 3:07 pm

You should definitely consider trademarking “Crilly’s Monthlies”

6. Bettina Paton
    February 6, 2018 / 1:45 pm

Hi Ruth,

Were you at the Talbot in Mells? Thought I recognised the cobblestones… Thanks for the video!

7. Lisa
    February 6, 2018 / 4:51 pm

Blot a shower gel, then make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and leave it overnight. Warning, it will foam up! Wash in the morning with a damp rag.

8. Jana
    February 10, 2018 / 11:05 am

Am so looking forward to the interiors video – your house seems to be very much like the one that I have been daydreaming about since houses are something I daydream about (haha)!
    I very much enjoy the general life/beauty-balance of late. Would also love to know more about the entrepreneurial side of your work with Colab, if that’s something you can/want to share.