My Top 5 Favourite Things: February 2018

february favourites

I’ve changed the format of my favourites video, you may be interested to know. After the roaring success of my 17 Most Used Beauty Products of 2017 video, I decided to make the “most used” aspect a regular feature so that you could see exactly what I’ve been reaching for again and again. The favourites video will now be less beauty-centric and more a general roundup of the month’s best things, whether that might be a TV series or a book, a takeaway restaurant or a person.

I’m easing myself into it, this month, so there’s nothing too abstract, but I do talk about my new bed (there’s more on beds here) and my undying love for Stan Smith Prime Knit trainers. Take a look – my Most Used Beauty video will be up in the next few days, for those desperately seeking a skincare fix.

Orkney Bed in Owl Grey, £849 from made.com*

Josh Wood Colour Range: https://joshwoodcolour.com/products/

Talika Gentle Eye Cleanser, £21 at Look Fantastic*

Adidas Prime Knit Trainers, £62 at Adidas

Embroidered Raglan Top, £39 from Hush*

© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. Susanamantha
    February 27, 2018 / 3:08 am

The new format is fine with me. Your various blogs, vlogs, etc., are always interesting, and sometimes very entertaining as well as informative. Thanks for being an online “friend” of sorts.

2. Beckstar
    February 27, 2018 / 7:06 am

Well that’s two pairs of Stan Smiths purchased before 6-30am (Adidas are offering a further 25% off their outlet prices today only so would have been rude but to)

3. February 27, 2018 / 10:34 am

You were right, Ruth – they’re called baseball shirts! I always want to wear them but can’t seem to pull them off for some reason. Hope you’re doing alright what with everything that’s happened x

4. Lynne Tadayon
    February 27, 2018 / 2:18 pm

Like the new format Ruth. Sending you love and hugs xx

5. February 27, 2018 / 3:44 pm

I know you stated in your video that you were on five day (?) hair, but can I just say how gorgeous it looks? Colab seems to work its magic here.

• February 28, 2018 / 10:53 pm

Oh thank you! I think with it being blonder it’s drier and has more….texture?! x

6. Ashley
    February 27, 2018 / 4:12 pm

I like it! Would love to hear about books you’ve enjoyed, especially. xx

7. Poorani
    February 27, 2018 / 9:12 pm

I like this format. Please recommend some TV shows soon. I got to watch Doc Martin because of you.

• February 28, 2018 / 10:53 pm

Oh God I could do a whole post!! The Sinner, Peaky Blinders, Mindhunter, there are so many!

8. Alex
    February 27, 2018 / 10:38 pm

Hi Ruth, the new format’s a great idea. I’d much prefer to hear about a select few things/places you really liked each month – and the beauty bits you’ve been using regularly. Hang on in there, you’re amazing! Xx

9. Sandie
    February 27, 2018 / 11:08 pm

Top Favourite Things – perfect. New format – perfect. Everything you do is always so endearing, entertaining and honest. Sending you hugs and thoughts. Take care Ruth. (And your hair looks fab even on Day Five)

10. Sally
    February 28, 2018 / 3:54 pm

Washing trainers – not usually recommended by the makers – but I do anyway (especially my 11 year olds favourite white ones!) I think it’s something to do with melting the glue!
    30 degree wash with non bio. Put each one in a old pillowcase or laundry bag with some old towels in to stop the bashing of the drum. Reshape whilst damp (stuff toes/shoe trees whilst drying helps) Dry slowly and don’t tumble dry.
    Obvs at own risk !
    Hope this helps with the other pairs of Stan Smiths

• February 28, 2018 / 10:49 pm

YES I am doing this tomorrow! If my pipes unfreeze.

11. Sus
    February 28, 2018 / 7:29 pm

Good format!
    Do you remember what make up you used?
    Skin looks amazing!

• February 28, 2018 / 10:49 pm

Dior Undercover foundation with Bobbi Brown Extra Illuminating Balm beneath, By Terry Dual Powder in Beige Nude! xx

12. Dawn
    March 3, 2018 / 7:07 pm

The tee is called a raglan sleeve. Take care!

13. Mansi
    March 20, 2018 / 8:42 am

Book recommendations please!

14. Mary D
    April 16, 2018 / 6:33 am

love the way adidas is pronounced with an english accent…took me a moment to realize what you were referring to …like the baseball jersey…and its not a low to want to be comfy….sometimes we don’t have the energy to get gussied up .