5 Most Used Beauty Products: March 2018

most used beauty products march 2018

Ah, another delve into the secret world of my echoey bathroom for the Five Most Used products of last month. I bet you’ve been waiting for this one, haven’t you? Who doesn’t want a video of me with crazy frizz-hair, filmed from the top of a wonky tripod, with one half of my face in shadow and the other in bright light?

Production issues aside, I do hope that you like these “most used” vids – it’s just supposed to be a relatively informal, low-key way of showing you the five things I’ve used most frequently throughout the month. They might not necessarily be my favourite things (which does make you wonder why I’d use them so often, but let’s quickly move on) however they are the products that I’ve used again and again. For whatever reason. In the case of the Bobbi Brown foundation, the reason was that I simply couldn’t work out what an earth I thought of it – was it dewy? Was it matte? Why did it feel as though it never set? Answers on a postcard…

Anyway, here we go on another beauty rollercoaster ride – good things, affordable things, things I haven’t quite made my mind up about… There’s a list of the Five Most Used beneath the video pane if you’d like it for quick reference. Enjoy.

Frankincense Intense Lift Cream*: http://bit.ly/2IPRMpX

La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Serum*: http://tidd.ly/5097b9a5

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Weightless Foundation*: http://bit.ly/2uOjCQu

Magnitone Cleansing Cloth*: http://bit.ly/2JhLbVj

My Feelunique beauty boxes video (contains #ad): https://youtu.be/-XH-2EtAl7o

L’Oreal Revitalift Peel Pads**: http://tidd.ly/5845f3cb

**please note that I am part of the L’Oreal Beauty Squad. Any work I do in relation to that role will be clearly marked “AD”, otherwise the inclusion of a product – as in this video – is purely editorial, unsponsored and unpaid.

© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. April 11, 2018 / 1:47 pm

I tred the original Makeup Eraser microfibre cloth a while back and while I like it, I feel like my bargain microfibre cloths from Lidl work just as well.

2. April 11, 2018 / 3:58 pm

I love these ‘most used’ videos Ruth. I too love a microfiber cloth and use one every day. Even though you only need water with them I find they’re also great for removing every last scrap of a cleanser or mask. xx

3. April 11, 2018 / 7:10 pm

That eye lift cream is absolutely amazing! Hydration is something to live by!

4. Nyree Alexander
    April 11, 2018 / 7:38 pm

I bought the Bobbi Brown foundation as it sounded like everything I wanted in a base but agree with you it’s so weird. Didn’t like the consistency or the blend and I didn’t find it particularly long lasting. I stopped using it and went back to my Lancôme teint idole ultra wear which I’ve used for a few years whilst trying new ones as they’ve been released and being disappointed every time! The search for perfect foundation continues! any suggestions on full coverage, neither matte nor dewy, preferably long lasting let us know! X

• Sarah
      April 11, 2018 / 7:41 pm

Have you tried Estee double wear? I like to smooth a little over a lot of primer. It is thick and heavy duty but I don’t feel it on my skin and it lasts and lasts (it stayed in through my labour and birth of my baby!!)
      Xx

5. Sarah
    April 11, 2018 / 7:38 pm

I really hope you find your sparkle and happiness soon Ruth. I can see from your previous posts it’s been pretty much the most traumatic time in your life. To carry on filming and busying about is very brave
    I hope you’ve booked that holiday!!! The weather has been utterly shizzle.
    Ps love the video, love you and think you are brilliant.
    It’s weird that because of you talking to us, we all feel like your friends. As Scamp&Dude kind of say “we’ve all got your back”
    Just a note to say random little me is thinking of you
    Xx

6. Naomi B
    April 12, 2018 / 2:52 pm

How does the LRP Hyalu B5 serum compare with the Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5? AT £37 for the LRP, the price difference between the two is around £31 so I’m wondering if I will notice the difference? I use the Ordinary serum quite regularly and don’t find it amazing, but at the same time haven’t found anything better as a hydrating serum (have tried Clarins Double Serum, Vichy Aqualia Thermal, Superdrug hydrating serum, and Estee Lauder ANR amongst others), especially at that price. Can’t decide if it’s worth the splurge on the LRP (also recommended by Sali Hughes) or if I will be disappointed once again.
    I’ve also tried many many moisturizers to go on top but am still on the hunt for the perfect hydration serum/moisturizer combination.

7. April 13, 2018 / 10:04 am

I have always wanted to get a cleansing cloth, I feel like it has been on my ‘to-buy’ list forever. This one might be a good place to start, looks good! These are my favourite sort of videos, so chilled out – love it!

Holly from The Art of Being Holly xo