(links marked * are affiliate links, for more info see disclaimer below post)
My sweater shopping has begun in earnest. I’m trying to keep the heating bill down as I now have a house that seems to literally suck any kind of warmth from the air and dispose of it out of some form of secret trapdoor in the roof. As I type this I am wearing a vest, a t-shirt, a long-sleeved t-shirt and a polo-neck wool jumper and I have only just taken off my coat. Roll on summer, everyone, roll on summer!
The image above was taken last autumn/winter when I did my knitwear lookbook – the cardi I’m wearing is from Hush. They no longer do this exact product but they have more jumpers and cardigans than you can shake a stick at. All styled so wonderfully that you tend to want everything they make.
Some other contenders for the sweater list:
1) Aran jumper at ASOS. Currently at 50% off (hurrah) and there are a few more on there that are also well-priced. I like this moss green one though, it’s a good “blonde” tone, don’t you think? Or is it too swamp-like? £19 at ASOS.com
2) Cashmere Blend Cable Round Neck Sweater from Uniqlo. I like the relaxed fit at the waist and also the colour; soft, almost lavender grey. There’s a fine ribbing to the sleeves which contrasts with the cable knit on the body – a nice detail, it adds a bit of interest. I have lots of Uniqlo knitwear and I tend to do a little stock-up every winter – this one is already in the basket. It’s £29.90 from Uniqlo.
3) Something a little different and I’m having one of those should-I-shouldn’t-I moments: the Noemie Punch Needle Boucle Knit from Whistles. (Here.) The detailing around the neckline lifts it from a casual “everyday” knit to something a bit more fashion forward. The chunky boucle texture is also quite unusual – at £110 this is slightly more than I’d normally pay for a “throw it on” staple, but I am so tempted.
4) I’m a sucker for anything soft and cosy that sports an animal print – I wear my Whistles animal print sweaters from last year constantly. This one from The Kooples (here) is chunkier and looks slightly more robust. It’s also pricier, though (£165) and so behold my more affordable alternative…
5) Warehouse! £40! This is quite similar to the Whistles one I have already, actually. It’s not a thick, go rambling in the woods kind of jumper but it’s very cute and smart and can be tucked into a skirt or high-waisted jeans for a vintage look. I’m going to snap this one up and perhaps the red version they make too! Find it at Warehouse here.
As usual, fellow Window Shoppers, your suggestions below. And any voucher codes and so on – they’re always helpful!
© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.