OK, time for me to brighten up my undies drawer. There’s nothing more pleasing, lingerie-wise, than having a matching set in some outrageous colour hiding out underneath layers of autumnal knitwear. There’s something wonderful about an oversized grey cashmere sweater slipping off a bare shoulder to reveal a neon orange bra-strap. (It’s the small things in life.) All of the things below are actually in my various online shopping baskets and wishlists, if I haven’t purchased already. I’m doing a cull of boring knickers and things that are ridiculously old (just found a pair of pants that I bought in 1997) and I’m replacing with underwear that will make me smile!
1) I have eleven pairs of Hanky Panky knickers (top of page) already. They are the comfiest thongs (I hate thongs, usually) that money can buy. They’re not cheap, but they are worth every penny. If you want to read about my love of Hany Panky, click here – but make sure you come back again! P.S: yes I tried the “dupes” that were suggested in the comments and no, they weren’t quite the same in terms of quality and comfort. Unfortunate, really, as it would save me a small fortune in knicker bills… Anyway, you can buy the pants in these colourful multipacks – found this set here.
2) I procrastinated about this bright yellow Stella McCartney Giselle bra because of the price. (Idiot!) It’s now sold out in my size but there are loads of sizes left – Stella lingerie is my newest obsession. 32DD fits me exactly and gives me precisely the kind of uplift and shape that I want. So far I’ve only invested in the smooth bras (see here) but this one if from the more expensive range. It’s £95 at ASOS here.
3) Lurid green. Can’t get much brighter than that. I love the crossover design and shape of this bra, I’m just hoping that Mr AMR reads this post and buys it for me for my birthday or Christmas! Look at the matching pants! It’s the Margot range in “fluoro lime” – most excellent. Find it here at Agent Provocateur.
4) Bright blue silk from Mimi Holiday. I love the look of this bra, but it could also just be that the model has an outstanding rack. She could probably wear one of those Triumph Doreen bras and still look good! Whatever, I’ve just bought it. It can always go back if it doesn’t make my boobs look like ASOS girl’s boobs. It’s £57 at ASOS.com
5) Bargain bright lingerie alert! Boux Avenue have this lacy Chloe bra in loads of bright colours, but I really like this tangerine shade. At the moment there’s a deal on: bra and matching bottoms for £25. I have succumbed, obviously. It would be rude not to. The page for the orange bra is here but it’s easy to browse for other shades and styles. Boux Avenue.
5) Finally, and for those not requiring full-on scaffolding and structure from their bra, this gorgeous slip of lace from Triumph is a bit of a winner! It’s part of the Helena Christensen range which is available in a B or C cup, from 32-38. It’s very pretty and the matching briefs are a bit special – find the whole range on Net-a-Porter.
What do you think? Are you up for a splash of colour in the underwear department?
© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.