Hello everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas? Are we all busting out of our jeans? Greasy faces and a constant (though low-level) sense of nausea? Good, good…
I have been a bit naughty (what’s new!) and had a rootle-tootle about in the sales. I have bought a couple of things and I have a few things on my wishlist, too, but I’m trying to go easy so that I can afford the shipping on a very special purchase. (More on that later.) Here’s what I have bought so far:
1) A Goat Collar Biker Jacket from Monica & Joe: I tried this on when I was making the Vogue video for Monica & Joe and totally fell in love with it. You can watch the video here: Vogue’s Fashion Night In. With the sales mere weeks away, I waited with bated breath, and lo and behold: £235 down to £117.50! I do love a bargain. This price is plus shipping, which is £9, but still an absolute stonker. Photos to follow once it arrives…
2) Silk and wool pyjama bottoms from Charlotte & Co. Again, I wanted these a while ago because I’m always looking for comfy lounge-pants in good quality, luxurious fabrics, but I held my horses. I paid £29 instead of £59 and I can’t wait for them to arrive! If they get reduced further I won’t mind – I’ll buy the pair in Ivory too!
Some things that I’m dilly-dallying about:
1) MIH Jeans Safari Shirt from Net-a-Porter: reduced from £255 to £127.50. Admittedly, it’s still not ‘cheap’, but I’ve had my eye on this shirt for a while and I think that it would be a good investment piece. Until I spill oil or wine down it on the first wear, which is usually what happens!
2) Sass & Bide ‘Let Me In’ dress from Net-a-Porter: in stretch silk twill, this little number is reduced from £560 to £280. I think that I’d get a lot of wear out of it, but I’m not sure I can justify the spending at this particular moment in time! This is when you wish you had eBayed a load of stuff before Christmas….
3) Great Plains Jersey Farrell Dress, £40 from The Dressing Room.com: loved this when it was sixty quid, love it even more with a little bit extra knocked off! I’m just waiting for that elusive size S to appear back on site – otherwise I’ll have to go for a medium! I think that this dress looks far more expensive than it actually is – the cut is superb!
So there – a few little bits and pieces to muse over. I must stop now as Mr AMR has popped his head around the door for about the thirtieth time – I keep having to close my browser window because he already thinks I’m a shopaholic!
© 2019 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.