Everyone loves a bit of cashmere at Christmas. Cashmere can take a boring present (socks) and make it into something utterly covetable and pleasing. A cashmere dressing gown is a thing to be cherished and kept for life – a synthetic one (such as the one I have just bought from House of Fraser to cuddle the cat in!) is just a plain old thing that will get chucked out the following year when it is washed-up and tired.
Cashmere is, by its very nature, expensive. There are more inexpensive options these days (even Tesco do cashmere now!) but I would say that there’s a difference between premium cashmere and the stuff that you find on the high-street. Though I love my Uniqlo cashmere to death, it’s incomparable to my Paul Smith jumper, which is now entering its tenth year in existence.
So, I suppose, go as quality as you can. If that means gifting a pair of bed-socks rather than a full-length robe, then so be it – the quality will speak for itself and, I’m sure, the sentiment will be appreciated.
Here are some gorgeous cashmere bits ‘n bobs that I think are brilliant:
1) Cashmere slippers from Charlotte & Co. I have these, they are totally amazing. They look so pretty and they’re perfect for taking on long-haul flights – really warm and cosy! £59 from Charlotte & Co – there are loads of gorgeous cashmere gifts on the site.
2) Brora Cashmere Dressing Gown. In my dreams! £595 from Brora – they are very famous for their cashmere. Check out their lovely bed-socks!
3) Cash CA Knitted Two Tone Dressing Gown. I think that I actually love this even slightly more than the Brora one! The design is modern and stylish, I love the contrasting wide trim! £350 from Liberty
4) Cash CA Hot Water Bottle – beats the usual ‘novelty’ warmers, doesn’t it? £50 from Liberty
5) Marks & Spencer Pure Cashmere Fingerless Tipped Gloves. I love these! I have been meaning to buy fingerless gloves for the last few years, and these give me a reason to finally go and get some. I’m going past M&S tomorrow so I’ll be grabbing a pair then – you can order online as well. I’m addicted to grey – even my new cat is ‘in’ my favourite shade, but that’s more of a coincidence! The bright trim gives these a bit of an edge. Love them. £25 from Marks & Spencer
© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.