(links marked * are affiliate links, for more info see disclaimer below post)
It’s bloody miserable in London today – and once again I am damp from head to foot because my stupid H&M cheapo umbrella is so rubbish. I’m beginning to think that these cheap brollies are a false economy – they blow inside-out and then break after about three uses and because I consider them semi-disposable, I’m always losing them. So, I may invest in a new umbrella and here are five of my favourites:
1. The Fulton Birdcage umbrella, £18 from Selfridges HERE. Covers half of my body yet I can still see where I’m going and won’t walk into walls. Bonus!
2. The Marc by Marc Jacobs panther print umbrella, £40 from Net-a-Porter HERE. To be honest, this looks to ‘shallow’ to be properly great at keeping off raindrops, but I like the print. So I can at least feel happy about that whilst my body from the shoulders down gets absolutely soaked!
3. MOSCHINO CHEAP & CHIC Romance Heart Automatic Walker Umbrella, £65. I like the print, I like the handle, I like the extraordinarily dangerous-looking spike protruding from the top. Full marks – you can find it at House of Fraser online HERE.
4. Harrods Golf Umbrella, £21.95 from Harrods HERE. One of those purchases that would make you feel finally ‘grown up’. I’d imagine. I like the idea of this umbrella, but in reality, it’s so huge that I would undoubtedly maim passers-by and end up getting arrested on charges of assault. I can barely control my limbs let alone an umbrella with a diameter the same as the moon!
5. LONDON UNDERCOVER Royal Stewart umbrella, £65 from Selfridges HERE. At first I thought this was called the ‘Rod’ Stewart umbrella, which is why I even gave it a second glance. Of all the things to have named after you! Anyway, it’s not named after Rod Stewart so pointless pondering upon that idea. I like this umbrella because it looks exactly like my husband’s Harrington jacket – it’s as though Harry Potter has turned my husband into a brolly! This one is the smartest of the bunch, but rather expensive. If it will last me for years, though, it’ll still be cheaper than the twenty-eight H&M umbrellas I’ll buy in its place!
© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.