(links marked * are affiliate links, for more info see disclaimer below post)
After the success of my animal-skirt-and-pink-jumper combination (see last week’s post on pastels) and my L.K.Bennett tangerine-coloured Fae heels (above and here), I have become a little preoccupied with finding pretty clothes and accessories for springtime. (I’ve also been preoccupied with the animal print aspect, but that’s nothing new; my love affair with leopard prints is an age-old one!) Here’s a roundup of my favourites:
1) I’ll start with the Topshop sweater that I featured last week – I love my pink one, but I have also spotted this version in gorgeous “Duck Egg” blue. Such a fresh colour. These sweaters have a lovely soft feel, I’m really pleased with mine and have been wearing it with jeans as well as the leopard skirt. £38 at Topshop.co.uk
2) Also from Topshop – and I’m feeling sad that these don’t come in my size – pretty, candy-coloured underwired bras. I’d have one of these just peeking out from a denim shirt or vaguely visible through a few sheer, light layers. (Bigger bra sizes, please, Topshop!) £18 at Topshop.co.uk
3) I’ve just ordered this Christopher Kane for J Brand denim pencil skirt. After the aforementioned success of the leopard print skirt, I have decided to try and get myself out of jeans and trousers more often. It’s a rarity that my legs ever get to see the light of day unless it’s the height of summer, but I need to try and inject some glamour, this year, to balance out the days spent walking the dog wearing tracksuit bottoms! This skirt has been reduced from £198 to a distinctly more affordable £69.30. I do love finding a good price reduction on The Outnet – there are some real gems if you keep a regular check on the new arrivals. The skirt is here – take a look, I think it’s going to look great with shirts tucked in and also t-shirts. The Outnet. (Note: I have taken a size smaller, as advised, so have gone for a 26.)
4) Hush have launched their springtime collection and it is beautiful. I’ve put in an order for this dress (above – you may remember that the snake print version was my favourite summer “thing” last year) and for these lobster print pyjama bottoms.
But in terms of pastels or springtime colours, I don’t think you can get much more cheery than this striped tee:
I have this in royal blue (again, last year’s collection) and it’s really flattering with the perfect amount of drape and weight. It’s £30 at Hush-UK.com
5) And…to the animal prints. I have a bit of a penchant for Equipment silk shirts and my eye was drawn by this leopard print chiffon one. Made infinitely sweeter by the reduced price (though, as you’ll see, that statement is entirely relative!). I would be popping this on with anything from a black pencil skirt to faded blue jeans – even tied over the top of a little black dress. I’m almost convincing myself to buy it now, but I mustn’t. I must not. (*UPDATE: I did.*) The Outnet
6) My Mum would call these Tart’s Knickers, but I don’t care. I have professed the wonder of the Hanky Panky Thong many a time, and now they have them at a reduced price on The Outnet. If you want to read about why I love these pants so much, click here. Otherwise, there’s a whole selection of the little elastic scraps here.
Right – off to start the week as I mean to go on, i.e. trying to focus on doing actual work, not online shopping.
© 2018 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.