I have an unexpected lingerie casting today; I thought I’d share with you my quick preparation routine for getting my bod looking sleek ‘n shiny in a hurry!
1) Dinner the night before: easy on the wheat. I made a gorgeous Italian stew with aubergine, courgette, pepper, red onion and chopped tomatoes. All simmered down with a bit of chilli, garlic and oregano. It was so tasty! Normally I would have had a bit of pasta with it, because I am addicted to penne, but with the impending flesh parade I decided to have it with a rocket salad and some buffalo mozzarella (Tesco’s Finest, it’s great) and that was that! My tummy was flat before bed but I wasn’t hungry.
2) Bath time: Bikini line Veet-ed (I use this: http://tidd.ly/3dacbc24). Body brushed using the Elemis Cactus Brush (this is now ten years old!) There are other great brushes, but I like this one the best. Not a bad price for ten years of usage! It’s £18.40 from Elemis Online. Shower cream in-bath? Elemis Spa -Skin Nourishing Shower Cream, £20.50. (Yowsers.) Pretty pricey but I really like it – one for the Christmas list! Legs and underarms shaved with the Venus Spa Breeze (See my hair removal post for more information on my depilation habits and fear of waxing!)
3) After-bath: gradual tanner applied, and the SiennaX is one of my absolute favourites: It gives a really natural result and absolutely no streaks. It’s £15.30 from Urban Retreat: http://tinyurl.com/cbb75xz
4) Picking out a nice set of undies to wear to the casting – this is the difficult bit. I’m still choosing, so can’t actually tell you what I’ll be wearing, it’s in the future! No doubt, though, that it’ll be from Myla – they are the absolute Dons of good casting lingerie. Requirements: not too ‘push-up’, not too ‘flat’. Knickers should have some coverage at the back (there’s nothing worse than standing in a thong in front of clients, just the thought of that makes me shudder!) and they shouldn’t be too tight. I buy them on the larger side rather than the smaller – too tight and they cut in on the hips, which is never a winning look when you’re casting for a lingerie job!
5) At the casting: I’ll have my nude heels on (these ones are my staple shoes!) and I’ll have moisturised with a lovely sheeny body lotion before leaving the house. Don’t know which one yet because – again – it’s in the future! Dressing is important before a lingerie casting – no tights that can leave nasty marks across your middle, no socks that can leave unsightly dents in your shins, and no ultra-skinny jeans that leave deep track-marks all the way up the sides of your legs! It’s a sartorial minefield, I tell you…
Wish me luck!
© 2019 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.