I wanted to just whizz through a few things that have impressed me recently, beauty-wise. This was going to be a “budget buys” kind of post, but then I realised that a few of the products weren’t even under a tenner, so not so budget after all! Nevertheless, I think that they are all good value for money and perform well. Here we go with some quick-fire beauty reviews:
1) I’ve mentioned the Pai Sample Set a few times now but after a long weekend away during which I relied solely on my Pai skincare (plus an SPF!) I have to say that I’m even more impressed. Everything was very soothing and calming – the only way they could improve this set would be to have a mini vial of the Age Confidence or Rosehip oil! You can find out more about the sample set here.
2) Vichy’s LiftActiv seems to be a pretty nice eye cream – very moisturising but not heavy in the slightest. I get loads of requests for light-but-effective undereye treatments that aren’t too expensive and I think that this one fits the bill quite nicely – it costs £22.25 at Escentual.com
3) JASON Lightening Vitamin K cream: this is a brightening, anti-dark-spot treatment but I haven’t yet given it a proper test. It’s a yellow cream that feels thick upon application but then smoothes out very quickly and easily. I feel that it has an almost cooling effect upon the skin, but that could be because I’m continually HOT sitting in front of my computer all day! I love that this cream is in a pump-action bottle and also that it has ingredients included to help with redness and irritation – it certainly feels quite soothing. I bought mine at FeelUnique.com here. You get 57g for £18.50, which isn’t bad at all.
4) Dr Lewinn’s Renunail – recently re-discovered and getting lots of use. Along with my Imedeen it’s giving me nails of steel! You can read my full review here.
5) Bourjois Cream Blush – still right up there with my favourite makeup products this summer. It’s a fab little thing to keep in your handbag! Read the full review here.
6) Burt’s Bees Beeswax Hand Cream – love the jar with the tin lid, love the almond scent and love how soft my hands are in the morning after an overnight helping of this! Some might hate the waxy finish, but I’d say it’s worth suffering the grease if you want to really soften up those hands! This is a brilliant one for protecting your skin in the garden or in cold weather.. Find it here – it’s £8.50 with free delivery.
7) The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Lip Balm: adding some hi-shine glamour to any bronzed summer look. I’ll be honest, it was the packaging that got me – it’s like a little plastic beehive! £6 at The Body Shop
8) Tisserand De-Stress Luxury Bath Oil. I find this one to be particularly effective when I’m having one of my “moments” – a little time to unwind in the bath is never a bad thing. I like the Tisserand oils, they seem to be really good quality but at a reasonable price. True, there’s no luxury packaging or be-ribboned bottle-neck, but I find that makes me all the more generous with my pouring… It’s £8.50 for 100ml here
9) Super Facialist Calming Creamy Cleanser by Una Brennan: I find myself reaching for this more and more. It’s just a very gentle, calming cleanser and it’s totally affordable. If you’ve dry skin then you might like to give this a try – it leaves your face clean but not tight – but I have combination and find it perfect for me also. It costs £7.99 from Boots.com
10) Another Burt’s Bees product – this one’s great for the summer months. The Aloe and Buttermilk body lotion for sensitive skin is soothing and light, so brilliant for keeping your skin soft and supple after the beach or pool. I think that the smell is lovely, too – very milky and soft and comforting! It’s £8.50 (that’s the third thing for £8.50 – must be a trend!) with free delivery from FeelUnique.com
© 2019 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.