1) It was my birthday on Wednesday. I was 32! I had a day off from working so I didn’t have time to post that it was my birthday – those on Twitter may have caught on though. Mr AMR bought me a mini iPad, lucky old me! I haven’t even had a chance to set it up yet, I’ve been so busy, but I might have a tinker with it today.
2) HAVE you been to the latest incarnation of the Chanel Pop-Up store in Covent Garden? It’s amazing! You can see it in my vlog below – I can’t believe how beautifully kitted out it is inside. It would be a prop-collector’s paradise. There are snow-globes and giant No5 bottles and I had to literally be dragged out of there. If you’re visiting London then do go – they have complimentary gift-wrapping until Christmas with handwritten notes and amazing boxes and sequinned camellias! If you can’t get someone to buy something for you then it’s a definite “gift to self” scenario! Can I just say: if EVER I wanted something for my desk, it’s a Chanel Snow Globe. Look at the miniature bags in there around the snowy tree!
3) Clothes: this week, more naughty buying. You’ll have to wait until next week for pictures, but I went and finally did it: an Herve Leger dress. From the Outnet, so massively discounted, but still. I feel a bit sick thinking about it…. As I said; more on that next week. I can’t even show you a picture because I bought the last one – mine’s all wrapped up so that the cat can’t claw it to death. You can view all the HL dresses that are on sale on the Outnet here – I will be justifying the cost to you in a few days. (Should be interesting!)
4) Listen, have I mentioned this before? Weleda’s Lavender Bath Milk? I love it! It didn’t go into my “How to Hibernate” video because I had run out, but I have bought more and rekindled my adoration for it. It doesn’t last long, not in this house – it’s just too brilliant at creating a relaxing, fragranced bath – but it’s not too pricey, so all is well. You can get it for £11.95 with free delivery from FeelUnique.com
5) Right, here’s the Birthday Video, complete with jewellery browsing and Chanel-Shenanigans. If you can’t see the video pane, then please click here.
It was my birthday on Wednesday and I decided to have a day of doing exactly what I wanted to do! I had been meaning to go to the latest incarnation of the Chanel Pop-Up store in Covent Garden for ages, so thank you to them for letting me film with the music switched off! (Youtube rules.)
What I wore: my coat is a cashmere Burberry coat, I’ve had it for a few years now. Dress is Donna Karan, I bought it in the Net-a-Porter sale in the summer and that’s the first time I’ve worn it! I also had on grey wool leggings, black Wolford socks and my old Belstaff boots.
To find out what I picked up from the Chanel Pop-Up*, keep a lookout for the fragrance video on my main channel –http://www.youtube.com/amodelrecommends
(Press samples for the Christmas Gift Guides, with thanks to Chanel. Music is from http://incompetech.com)
© 2019 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.