1) It was my birthday on Wednesday. I was 32! I had a day off from working so I didn’t have time to post that it was my birthday – those on Twitter may have caught on though. Mr AMR bought me a mini iPad, lucky old me! I haven’t even had a chance to set it up yet, I’ve been so busy, but I might have a tinker with it today.
2) HAVE you been to the latest incarnation of the Chanel Pop-Up store in Covent Garden? It’s amazing! You can see it in my vlog below – I can’t believe how beautifully kitted out it is inside. It would be a prop-collector’s paradise. There are snow-globes and giant No5 bottles and I had to literally be dragged out of there. If you’re visiting London then do go – they have complimentary gift-wrapping until Christmas with handwritten notes and amazing boxes and sequinned camellias! If you can’t get someone to buy something for you then it’s a definite “gift to self” scenario! Can I just say: if EVER I wanted something for my desk, it’s a Chanel Snow Globe. Look at the miniature bags in there around the snowy tree!
3) Clothes: this week, more naughty buying. You’ll have to wait until next week for pictures, but I went and finally did it: an Herve Leger dress. From the Outnet, so massively discounted, but still. I feel a bit sick thinking about it…. As I said; more on that next week. I can’t even show you a picture because I bought the last one – mine’s all wrapped up so that the cat can’t claw it to death. You can view all the HL dresses that are on sale on the Outnet here – I will be justifying the cost to you in a few days. (Should be interesting!)
4) Listen, have I mentioned this before? Weleda’s Lavender Bath Milk? I love it! It didn’t go into my “How to Hibernate” video because I had run out, but I have bought more and rekindled my adoration for it. It doesn’t last long, not in this house – it’s just too brilliant at creating a relaxing, fragranced bath – but it’s not too pricey, so all is well. You can get it for £11.95 with free delivery from FeelUnique.com
5) Right, here’s the Birthday Video, complete with jewellery browsing and Chanel-Shenanigans. If you can’t see the video pane, then please click here.
It was my birthday on Wednesday and I decided to have a day of doing exactly what I wanted to do! I had been meaning to go to the latest incarnation of the Chanel Pop-Up store in Covent Garden for ages, so thank you to them for letting me film with the music switched off! (Youtube rules.)
What I wore: my coat is a cashmere Burberry coat, I’ve had it for a few years now. Dress is Donna Karan, I bought it in the Net-a-Porter sale in the summer and that’s the first time I’ve worn it! I also had on grey wool leggings, black Wolford socks and my old Belstaff boots.
To find out what I picked up from the Chanel Pop-Up*, keep a lookout for the fragrance video on my main channel –http://www.youtube.com/amodelrecommends
(Press samples for the Christmas Gift Guides, with thanks to Chanel. Music is from http://incompetech.com)