1) I am at the Television BAFTAS all day today – hopefully by the time you read this I will have actually decided what to wear! It’s a choice between a Celine dress – coral, very 70’s glam – and an incredible Jenny Packham number that I’ve had in my wardrobe for over TEN YEARS. It is still all wrapped up the way it was when I first got it! Never been worn. It’s worth an absolute bomb – completely covered in chains and little crystals. It was made for me after I did a job for her and she couldn’t pay cash so I got a dress instead… How things change, eh? Now she’s a superstar designer and dressmaker to the most famous women in the world… (By the way, I know it’s a weird photograph. All of the chains are still wrapped up in their little paper parcels, rather like the paper trims you get on joints of lamb! Obviously I’d cut these open and release the dress’s full potential, so to speak…)
2) From high-end to high-street: check out these bad boys. White stilettos! I know, I know – very trashy. I don’t care, though, I saw them and bought them within about twenty seconds. I am all over white stilettos and so, it seems, are the magazines. I’ve seen some brilliant little fashion stories where they’ve slipped in some white leather beauties and they look so brilliant! Now I just need some bleached-out jeans and a perm and I’ll be like some eighties throwback! My shoes were £58 from Topshop – I was in the Oxford Circus branch.
3) Who needs slippers when you have a roly-poly cat? (More of Mr Bear on Instagram)
4) St. Tropez have announced a new ambassador; Kate Moss. The campaign pictures are great – very enticing, they make me want to go on holiday! I was informed of all this news via a very interesting little gadget: video press release. It’s an actual video screen inside the press pack with sound and play controls. I’ve had a few of these now – they’re like the modern, PR equivalent of those birthday cards you can get with a voice message inside them! Nice idea and they do make me actually watch the video.
Top marks. St Tropez have a twitter campaign running, too – pop #OFFTOSTTROPEZ into your tweets when you’re about to get tanned up and you can get samples, accessories and be in with a chance of winning a holiday. (Guess the destination?)
5) If you’re thinking of stocking up at Cult Beauty then make sure you use their new code. To celebrate the festival season, Cult Beauty has put together a selection of “festival essentials” and it’s free with orders over £50, while stocks last. Here’s what you get in the gift: