1) I know I said that I wouldn’t really mention beauty subscription boxes again – until something new happened, at least – but I was delighted to see that JolieBox had managed to get some Institut Esthederm samples included. I really do think think that Institut Esthederm make some of the best suncare going – you can read my guide to their products here. Samples are a brilliant way to be introduced to a brand and these are probably the best samples I have seen in any of the boxes so far – and I’m pleased because I can stick them in my handbag!
2) Thanks so much to Fashion Bloodhound for an absolutely gorgeous little write-up on me and A Model Recommends. Grazzie has been reading my beauty posts and then spending far too much money buying things- you can read all about her beauty shopping exploits (all my fault, apparently) here: http://www.fashionbloodhound.com/blog/what-grazzie-bought-23-07/
3) Another little mention (my ego is inflating as I write, hohoho) by I Drive Vintage, who has accurately predicted that it would take about 10 million hours to read all the posts on this site. To that I say: try re-writing them all when your site gets hacked! I’ve done about 2 million hours and am only 30% of my way through the archives! You can read her post here: http://idrivevintage.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/struth.html
4) I made a cheeky little guest appearance in Pixiwoo‘s video this week – we were in the Chanel Pop-Up for an exclusive first look. Before the press, even! The girls did an amazing 70’s eye look with Illusion d’Ombre (and you know how I love a bit of Mirifique) and a beautiful red gloss. You can see that video below!
5) As you read this, I am en route to Greece for a week’s hols. Please don’t be sad/angry/offended if your comment lies unpublished for a while, I am intending to actually take some time off for once! So no laptop. Though we’ll see how long that lasts.. I have 10,000 words to write for an MA submission, so I must try and focus. SOME HOLIDAY!
© 2019 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.