February Favourites

february beauty and fashion favourites

I begin this month’s favourites with my most-hated things – slightly unorthodox, but I found it rather cathartic. So much so that I may even do a whole video of hated things. I could make it a regular feature!

But on to the positive items; two “man” things, two fashiony things, two vitamin-c-packed-skincare things, two beauty items that are rediscoveries and two that have yet to be launched. It’s like the Noah’s Ark of favourites. You’ll have to watch the video to find out what they are, but if you desperately want to cheat then everything is listed further down the page. Those looking for an excellent budget blush will be delighted by one of the beauty rediscoveries and anyone wanting a brilliant nude-look nail treatment with great longevity might be very interested in the last item I show…

Dior Ambre Nuit: at Dior Boutiques

Bottega Veneta Pour Homme: http://tidd.ly/b3ec9681

Whistles Lace Shirt Dress: http://rstyle.me/n/bjkxk2t6a6

Karen Millen Skirt: http://bit.ly/1oPh7FK

Bourjois Cream Blush in 01: http://goo.gl/R6XEsv

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua: http://tidd.ly/4f6f49c

Kiehl’s Powerful Line Reducing Concentrate: http://goo.gl/kA2X97

Indeed Labs Vitamin C24: this hasn’t launched yet – I’ll try and get my proper review out before it does!

Lanolips redesign: http://www.lanolips.com/product/the-o…

Butter London Nail Wisdom Tinted Moisturiser – not out yet in the UK, but here online: http://bit.ly/1WRq8sx

I am wearing: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Bourjois Blush and Max Factor Voluptuous False Lash Effect Mascara: http://tidd.ly/327597b3

© 2017 A Model Recommends®: all opinions are my own and any sponsored or paid posts will always be clearly marked as an AD in the title. I accept press samples and receive product and services to review as part of my job. *Outbound links are affiliate links, which means that I receive a very small percentage of any sale made. This does not affect my content in any way and does not cost you anything, but you are most welcome to Google the products on a new page if you prefer. Please see here for full "about" section and disclaimer. A Model Recommends and Ruth Crilly are registered trademarks.

1. February 29, 2016 / 12:07 pm

The “Things I hated” – part was really enjoyable to watch, I´d appreciate it as a regular feature.

2. Gudrun
    February 29, 2016 / 12:34 pm

I sewed some tape over the zips in a pair of leather trousers I owned years ago, for the same reason.

The tape stuff I used looks like the fabric that zip teeth are kind of mounted on, it has a herringbone pattern and was made of plain cotton, not sure what it’s actually for but all haberdashers, John L. & Liberty should do it. I folded it over the teeth and carefully stitched it in place, luckily everything was black so colour-matching was easy. It did the trick, no more scratched hands, but I don’t know if it will work for your jacket?

3. Cynthia
    February 29, 2016 / 3:20 pm

Hi Ruth. Lovely and informative posting. If you are interested in conserving more energy in your home be sure to completely Un-Plug the “vampire” appliances. These are the devices that have power indicators that shine (typically) red lights that signal that they are plugged into an electric outlet and are “ready” for use. Even if you turn “off” these devices they are still consuming electricity unless you unplug them from the outlet (or power strips with multiple outlets) and the extinguish the “red lights.” The largest power draining device in most home is the television. It is a “vampire” type of appliance that consumes surprisingly vast amounts of energy even when it is turned off. An easy solution for televisions is to plug them into a power strip that you can turn off after you turn off the Telly- much easier than trying to unplug the electric cord 10 times a day. An article in the Los Angeles Times newspaper mentioned that more than 30% of the power consumed in LA was due to televisions and computer monitors sitting idle and unused at night time! Hope you find these tips useful. I love your blog and appreciate your style and aesthetic. PS: do you have any suggestions on how to eliminate or reduce hair static in the winter? Cheers.

4. February 29, 2016 / 5:29 pm

I loved watching the ‘Things I hated’ part, I recently had a reaction to the Origins Ginzing Eye Cream to brighten and depuff, and it made my eyes go all horrible, bright red, sore, itchy, puffy and now they arent the same, I really want to now try and find an eye cream that will help calm everything down as it’s really horrible and still looks awful weeks after it happend. So watching your ‘Things I hated’ part would be something I’d be intrested in watching. Some products work for people some don’t and it’s nice to see the things that didn’t work as well as the products that did. Thanks for this video Ruth I really enjoyed it.

Jess
    justthatgirlonline.blogspot.co.uk

5. Shana
    February 29, 2016 / 6:41 pm

Things I hate haha! I would definitely tune in to that, please consider doing one! Love the men’s fragrance recs and it’s true, vit C products smell like lunch meats! x

6. Sandie
    February 29, 2016 / 9:13 pm

Another fab Favourites video, thank you! I was wondering if you were going to do any recipes or cooking videos in the future because I really enjoyed your healthy menus. By the way, Baby AMR is growing so fast, she’s now so inquisitive when you’re filming, its very sweet to see her checking out the camera!

7. LP
    February 29, 2016 / 10:38 pm

Hi Ruth
    I agree,nsmart meters suck. Had to unplug mine in the end.
    Discovered some of my ‘electrical seepage’ was the doorbell!
    Love your blogs and blogs x

• February 29, 2016 / 11:26 pm

Wha? Oh my God! THE DOORBELL?!!!! : (

8. Virginia Villalobos
    March 1, 2016 / 3:04 am

Ruth, “smart meters” have been notoriously controversial for their erroneous readings. If you look online, you can read accounts of people’s experiences. We resisted getting one where I live, but the electric company virtually forced us to do it. Our new home came equipped with one, so it seems there is no getting away from them. However, there are lots of people that seem to have had problems with them.

9. March 1, 2016 / 8:12 am

This is the first of your videos that I have watched and I LOVED it, especially your little rants at the beginning. Will be tuning in for more of those for sure!

10. Anja
    March 1, 2016 / 11:16 am

Great video once again! I loved the “I hate” part! Also you look amazing so I really need to check out that Chanel foundation. I absolutely adore baby AMR, she is gorgeous!

11. March 1, 2016 / 7:13 pm

Both men’s scents sound nice, it’s a struggle finding a good mens scent that’s different but enjoyable since the notes seem much more restrictive.

12. Hayley
    March 1, 2016 / 7:29 pm

Hi Ruth! I love seeing your baby pop up randomly in the videos, it reminds me of my daughter when she was a baby and I couldn’t do anything without her wanting to get into whatever I was doing. Big users of electricity are electric fires, computers (literally will make the wheel spin like crazy), tvs and the hot water button. If you have those chandlelier lights with about 6 bulbs in them they’ll suck the electric out, along with spotlights or the flat led ones if they aren’t energy saving. Good luck lol x

13. March 2, 2016 / 6:51 pm

I have been loving the Indeed Labs Vitamin C24. Such a wonderful texture and applies beautifully as a primer under makeup.

14. Michelle
    March 3, 2016 / 10:20 am

Love your honesty at the beginning of the video and what a beautiful baby! Watching this has picked me up and I can almost feel that Spring is in the air at last!

15. Abigail
    March 5, 2016 / 7:54 pm

My heart melted when you told baby AMR she’s one of your favourites every month, she’s too darn cute!